Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
are you really serious? you thought those comments were real-LOL

its just ball busting dude- hey by the way i got some investment propositions for you :sneaky:

moldy

·
Registered
294 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
sorry, but i asked the question because other people stated that plaitnum was faster - mb the paint/clearcoat resistance. I dont know, but no need to be a jacka$$ and mock me like that.
The fastest color joke is very much related to what color you have. Black is fastest around my parts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The photon absorption problem is rectified with the addition of the improved '06 rearend though. Its the UNOBTAINIUM the new rear is made of that makes the difference. :yup: .......again, documented.

Dont take us too seriously ALL of the time. ;) ............then there are some to be sure and NEVER take seriously. :cookoo: :)

I have an '04 black with roof. Love the roof. Even if its a little chilly, like this morning (in the 50's this morning here in central Ohio) I have the roof open and the heat on a little.

Your topic says Sunroof + Black, but your first post indicates the platinum car has a roof, so I'm not sure but if the black has the roof, youre in, especially if its tan leather. :)

Good luck with the purchase. :thumbsup: You'll love the car either way.

Larry

·
Registered
294 Posts
Zeppelin said:
I have an '04 black with roof. Love the roof. Even if its a little chilly, like this morning (in the 50's this morning here in central Ohio) I have the roof open and the heat on a little.
Larry
Little chilly here this morning too. Only about 85 degrees with 1000 % humidity. :confused:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
sorry, but i asked the question because other people stated that plaitnum was faster - mb the paint/clearcoat resistance. I dont know, but no need to be a jacka$$ and mock me like that.
I hate to break this to you, but my comments had NOTHING to do with you. Just having some fun. Get over it. Then lookup some of the forum rules on namecalling.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I'm the resident jackass here. So who's edging in on my turf!? :want: Come and get your medicine.

·
Registered
753 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
Alright well Im buying a V. From a dealership in Florida. I had been talking to Marcus, in Texas, but we cant seem to work out transportation of the vehicle. So....here are my 2 options:

04 Black - 11,100 - No sunroof - Certified pre-owned. 38,500

04 Platinum -7100 -Sunroof - Regular Warranty 39,100

I really think the car looks WAY better in black - but no sunroof, I havent owned a car yet without one. Does anyone own a sunroofless V and wish they would of gotten the roof? Or is it just extra weight and even the people that have it - do you relly use it?
I believe the above prices are fair from dealerships. I just need input.
I have just two questions:

1) Which one has the diamond encrusted key fob?
2) Where in Florida are the V's located? That city needs to be warned that a natural disaster is about to strike
:bomb:

CR

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've got a black one with no sunroof. Glad to have it and I never miss the sunroof. Don't let them get you down on which color is faster. Whatever color one owns is always going to be the fastest. Get the color that you want- don't mind the sunroof....

·
Registered
CTS-V
534 Posts
My sports car is the first car in ages that I've had that doesn't have an opening in the roof, i.e., sun/moonroof, convertible, t-tops, and while I'm okay with it not having a removable roof, I LOVE sun/moonroofs. I love the light it lets in the car, I love the air it allows into the car... As you have a choice, I'd go with the roof!

·
Registered
CTS-V
756 Posts
crowan said:
I have just two questions:

1) Which one has the diamond encrusted key fob?
2) Where in Florida are the V's located? That city needs to be warned that a natural disaster is about to strike
:bomb:

CR
:stirpot:
:histeric:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was coming from a convertable, so I thought I HAD to at least have a sunroof. I kinda wish I would've skipped it. It's too far back and just doesn't compare to a full ragtop, so I don't bother to open it much. I'd go for the better looking black one you like.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,082 Posts
I have a platimum with no roof. It fits me perfectly.

Basically anytime the temp is above 60, I drive with all the windows down. I don't miss having a sunroof at all.

As for the color. To me black is by far the best looking color....for the first couple hours after it's washed/waxed. If you are anal about cleaning it, then definately get the black.

I don't have the time to wash/wax/detail my car (i'm nervous about having some schmoe 'detail' it for me) once a week. Even with gallons of dirt on it, the platinum looks OK. With ounces of dirt on the Black, it looks like @$$.

Pick the one that fits your style. The couple bucks is inconcequential in the long run.

My $.02

-Chris

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
Its a forum thing

Now seriously, if you are going to make an investment into a car ($40k is a lot to most people) you should get the EXACT car that YOU want. Wait it out and keep looking for the exact color/options combo that you want. I guarantee that if you rush into it and don't get the exact car that you want, then you will regret it down the road.

If you want black with a sunroof, keep looking until you find a black V with a sunroof. I guarantee the 2 you're looking at are not the only V's for sale right now

21 - 38 of 38 Posts