Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 ESV Premium
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Suncore passive replacement shocks & struts? I need to replace them on my 1999 D'Elegance and Suncore's price looks attractive - about $400 total for both front & rear.

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
I need both front and rear so I'm intersted in the replys you might get as well. Also, can anyone recommend a brand to get that they have had good service/good ride with?

Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
I am interested in the replys you get. I have a 1998 Deville with 70,000 miles and I am thinking about replacing the struts and rear shocks and springs maybe. I am looking at the struts at rockauto and they list several different types, soft ride, heavy duty and red elec adjusting struts from 150 to 575 each. How do I tell what I need without taking them off first? This is my first car with struts. Do front coil springs cost much for Devillles? My car seems to bottom out easy, maybe weak springs on the front. Is there a big difference in the brands of stock and aftermarket struts? thanks for any advice. TexasCadillac

·
Registered
1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425
1,673 Posts
Has anyone tried the Suncore passive replacement shocks & struts? I need to replace them on my 1999 D'Elegance and Suncore's price looks attractive - about $400 total for both front & rear.
I had my front struts replaced with SUNCORE PASSIVE STRUTS on my 1995 Deville 4 months ago and so far so good.
Since it`s less expensive to purchase the fronts and rears at the same time,i purchased the rears also in case my rear air ride ever goes out.

There really is a noticeable difference in smoothness over bumps with the new front passive struts.

·
Registered
94 Concours
63 Posts
Hey, I'm in the same boat with a '94 Con. Do a search here, just type in "arnott" and enjoy the long strutmaster thread, it's not about just about Strutmaster.

My conclusion is this is a very subjective subject, not much in real recomendations.

Arnott seemed to have a better than average advantage as they easily integrate will the harnesses with a reportedly decent ride.

A surprise was dealer pricing for passive replacements.

See what you think---report back!

·
Registered
2017 CT6, 2015 SRX, 2007 STS-V, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
56 Posts
I replaced my 200 DTS shocks @ 90K miles with Arnott Industry shocks a few months back. Their sensor package does keep the Service Stability nanny in check. There was an improvement in ride, but it wasn't 'like new'. The stability improved compared to the worn-out shocks, but you miss the original shock's increase in stiffness when you go into corners. Maybe it would have been better if I replaced the front springs at the same time.

I think for the money, I should have just gone with a base deville monroe or gabriel relplacement, lived with the Suspension message on the DIC, and come out ahead a few hundred bucks. Or.... should have tried replacing the front springs at the same time as the struts.

I have no complaints with Arnott Industries' product or services. I'm not dissatisfied; you get what you pay for. Considering the car's age, it isn't worth plunking a couple of grand into new OEM shocks all the way around. Passive replacements are adequate, but active shocks do have advantages you can feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts