Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 DTS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 LUX II has a sun roof and I get water on the front pass. side fool. It only happens when it rains, the more rail the wetter it gets.
Are there any drains on this that I could clean out? Also should the panel be flat with the roof all the way around? Mine is just a bit low
in the front.
If there are drains where are they at?

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
My 07 LUX II has a sun roof and I get water on the front pass. side fool. It only happens when it rains, the more rail the wetter it gets.
Are there any drains on this that I could clean out? Also should the panel be flat with the roof all the way around? Mine is just a bit low
in the front.
If there are drains where are they at?
There is a drain on each of the four corners..
You can take a long piece of weed eater string and gently poke in down thru the drains.
The sun roof should be even with the top all the way around.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
I found other post's that say the same thing. All they say about the adjustment is that there are 4 adj. screws. Are there shims you have to use or do
you just turn the screws?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,404 Posts
The sun roof glass specifications are: Even with the roofline at the front end, even to +0.5mm at the rear.

Each glass side rail has 2 Torx screws, no shims - elongated holes. They should be tight at proper adjustment. Accessible from the cabin interior, slide panel open.

The drain tubes run down the A-pillars and sail panels to the lower inner fenderwell liner area. There may be a flapper valve at the bottom of each. Those valves clog with dust and mud. Clip them off.

The weedwhacker line thing was a good idea, but it's like trying to shove a wet noodle up a wildcat's ass. Don't use compressed air - blow off one of those lines and you're in the headliner removal business.

Some have had good luck with a (very thin wire) dryer vent cleaner kit from Lowe's or Home Depot. Clip off the adapter end and go carefully.

HINT: Every couple of months, using a finger and dielectric silicone ignition grease (parts stores) partially open and then vent the sunroof glass and rub a tiny amount of grease all around the rubber seal. Perfect seal and preserved rubber. If you can see the grease/finger pattern on the seal it's too much.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I should close sun roof, loosen the Torx screws on the rail, and slide the rail forward until the glass is even in the front. Then tighten the Torx screws.
This is done from inside the car, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts