Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Considering a V sedan
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway... Is that screen meant to (or able to) be closed while the sunroof is open? Is it UV proof? I ask because at the ripe old age of 44, I have had a number of basal cell carcinoma procedures on my face over the past year... I really like sun roofs, and it is evident by my above statement that I really like the sun as well; only, it doesn't like me. (No, I don't want to put on sunscreen every time I open the sun roof...) I'd figure, given the average age of many of the "V" owners, I'm not unique with this little issue?

·
Registered
Considering a V sedan
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The screen is not meant to be closed when the sunroof is open. It could be sucked out or weakened from the wind
The girl (at the dealer) who was telling me about it obviously didn't have a clue what she was talking about... Both of the answers above are really what I thought the deal was, but wanted to check here. It looked way too flimsy to have closed while the sunroof was open, but I thought I'd verify. I've had sunroofs in just about every vehicle I have had over the past 15 years. I like them, though their use in Houston is seasonal and at night. I just have that aforementioned skin tendency that has manifested itself from my crazy/careless youth, so I'm now trying to be a little more careful. (I know, after the horse is out of the barn...)

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V
1,651 Posts
Yep. I've never seen a sunroof that you could have open with the shade closed. Did you get her number? She sounds stupid and maybe easy. :hide:

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
Before you put the kibosh on applying sunscreen, consider trying a bottle of Ombrelle pump spray (SPF 15 or 30 - I forget which)

It's totally greaseless and a total no-brainer to apply. - it's like washing your hands with one of those disinfectant pump gels. I have a shaved head and find wearing a hat to be too hot.

I've kept a bottle of this stuff in my driver's door map pocket ever since I got my '98 Camaro with T-tops, and putting it on becomes as much a part of your routine as buckling your seatbelt!

Just a suggestion...

Best regards,

Elie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts