Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Sedan DeVille (Diamond White)
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to look at a couple of used Devilles this weekend. One is a '95 with ~85K and the other is a '94 with ~88K. Anything in particular that I should be looking for when inspecting these cars & test driving them? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers ~
Rick

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Make sure the coolant has been changed as required and watch for overheating.

Oil leaks are common, but usually no more than a niusance.

·
Registered
1995 Sedan DeVille (Diamond White)
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ranger said:
Make sure the coolant has been changed as required and watch for overheating.

Oil leaks are common, but usually no more than a niusance.
Thanks for the response!

Actually, I purchased the '95 with 84K today. It was purchased new at that dealer, 1 owner locally, and traded on a new[er] Caddy about 2-3 weeks ago. It's a very clean DeVille inside & out! Diamond White, beige leather, 4.9L V8, and a moonroof - not something I've seen too often on this DeVille bodystyle. I didn't ask about the coolant, but I'm sure the dealer could get me the service records [my bad for not asking]. I did know to look for oil leaks since I also own a '91 Eldorado with the same engine. I really need to see why that loses so much oil however I suspect the rear valve cover gasket is completely shot. This DeVille is very clean & dry underneath; there might be a drop of oil on one of the oil pan bolt heads but nothing else noteworthy [my Eldo is also pretty clean underside except for all the oil it blows out!]. I did go to look at a '95 DeVille Concours with the 4.6L N* but it had been sold that afternoon. I never made it to the '94 after looking at the one I bought. The moonroof and cd/cassette combo stereo was a nice trade off for the heated seats. The dark green on the '94 was beautiful in the pics but the diamond white '95 was nice for something different. It's a 2nd sedan to keep my 530i out of downtown parking as well as keeping the mileage down on it. I'm happy with my choice and I'm actually glad I stuck with the 4.9L after reading threads on this forum! Hopefully I can get some pics posted soon for you all to see! My next task is to find some nice chrome rims to add a little "bling" to my [new] DeVille!! BTW ~ I still have the Eldo for now and will keep for my Winter car unless my mother is serious about buying it then I may let it go. It's in the body shop getting some body repair done to some rust behind the passenger side door molding. I did find the same issue on the DeVille on the driver side doors [although not as bad yet] but I have some time before that needs fixing. It's an obvious design flaw on these cars; it did get me some more $$$ off the purchase price! :thumbsup:

Cheers ~
Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts