Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I just watched the Penn State kicker shank the game winner! What a great bowl season so far!

Anyway, I just leased an 06 CTS 3.6L. It is pretty much stock and I am still impressed with the car's performance and fit/finish for the money. However, I'd still like it to go faster :D . What mods, if any, would you guys suggest I look into if I want increased performance? Keeping in mind it's a lease car and (I may lose Man Points for this one) I am a novice at best when it comes to working on cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Holy smokes, the second potential game winning shank...keep the PSU kicker away from any tall buildings tonight because he may want to jump off one!

·
Registered
340 Posts
before you ask, there is no chip available. your best bet is going with a CAI system first, maybe the inexpensive DIY Ram-Air stock airbox mod. Exhaust will help performance, but tends to get very pricey at around $1000. CTS-V exhaust can be installed on your 3.6 but will not increase performance to a noticable amount, and IMHO is not worth cutting into your stock exhaust. In the long run you will see that pushing the little "S" button on your console is your best performance booster.:bouncy:

·
Registered
59 Posts
shez15 said:
Holy smokes, the second potential game winning shank...keep the PSU kicker away from any tall buildings tonight because he may want to jump off one!
can you believe that? i almost broke the remote as it bounced off the wall. but victory in the end for JoePA. did you see they move the kicker to right side of the field for the last one. back to mods, this is the best place to get information on mods. it becomes a habit!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My man - thanks for chiming in with the Buckey's cheer Robert! My family all lives in Ohio and went to The Ohio State University. In Baltimore, it's rare that I can talk Buckey's football. But that's another time and another forum.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any thoughts on where the best place to purchase the Ram air?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
shez15 said:
My man - thanks for chiming in with the Buckey's cheer Robert! My family all lives in Ohio and went to The Ohio State University. In Baltimore, it's rare that I can talk Buckey's football. But that's another time and another forum.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any thoughts on where the best place to purchase the Ram air?
I got my Fram AirHog Filter from Advanced Auto Parts via the internet, about $48. Here's the link to my instructions for the project if you don't already have it.
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/tonya-ram/index.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts