Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off...I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I'm currently looking at an '05 CTS-V. I've browsed quite a few threads trying to determine exactly what I'm getting myself into other than what seems like a fun car.

I'd appreciate any feedback regarding some of the issues (if any) with this specific year of CTS-V. I'm hoping to score one that includes a 100k-mile warranty.

Anyway, thanks ahead of time for your input. :cool2:

I'm also a little over 6'5", so any input from taller drivers regarding the long term would be great too! Ok. Now I'm done.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
First off...I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I'm currently looking at an '05 CTS-V. I've browsed quite a few threads trying to determine exactly what I'm getting myself into other than what seems like a fun car.

I'd appreciate any feedback regarding some of the issues (if any) with this specific year of CTS-V. I'm hoping to score one that includes a 100k-mile warranty.

Anyway, thanks ahead of time for your input. :cool2:

I'm also a little over 6'5", so any input from taller drivers regarding the long term would be great too! Ok. Now I'm done.
:welcome: There are a TON of threads just like this one all over the forums. Search is your friend. The main issues that I can think of right off the top of my head are the diff (check to see if it is the old diff or new style there are pics somewhere here to show you what to look for), motor mounts (breaking and leaking), radiator (look to see if it is leaking from one of the bottom corners and that it is the new style), and nav buttons pealing. Someone will probably chime in with some others I forgot. All in all these are great cars and a few minor issues with these cars shouldn't turn you away. Search away and you'll find your answers. Also check to see that your pinion seal is not leaking.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
When you test drive it, pay special attention to clunks and rattles. This car eats OEM bushings and motor mounts for breakfast.

Also, depending on how stock the car is, price vs mileage, etc....be prepared to drop a few $ in aftermarket parts necessary to make the car be a hotrod AND drive like a Cadillac.

Don't construe the above statements as negative though. I absolutely LOVE my V and have no wants for other newer, more expensive cars I can leave in the dust. Compared to what I paid for mine 2 years ago, it seems like people are practically giving these cars away now. I'm still gonna hold on to mine though, turn it into a killer DD/track car, and hope that it turns into a collector's item some day.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:welcome: There are a TON of threads just like this one all over the forums. Search is your friend.
Indeed. The most recent one I found was this thread (I can't post links yet): .../166197-what-look-when-buying...
It includes a list of about 5 things someone should look for...right on par with what you said. Anyway, sorry for reinventing the wheel. I hate being that guy (i.e. didn't use search guy). :eek:

Don't construe the above statements as negative though. I absolutely LOVE my V and have no wants for other newer, more expensive cars I can leave in the dust. Compared to what I paid for mine 2 years ago, it seems like people are practically giving these cars away now. I'm still gonna hold on to mine though, turn it into a killer DD/track car, and hope that it turns into a collector's item some day.
Thanks for the reassurance. Every car has it's quirks. I've always liked this car, and I think it's about time I get one. I see you're in Houston. There are a couple in your neck of the woods that I'm looking at right now. San Antonio is dry.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Indeed. The most recent one I found was this thread (I can't post links yet): .../166197-what-look-when-buying...
It includes a list of about 5 things someone should look for...right on par with what you said. Anyway, sorry for reinventing the wheel. I hate being that guy (i.e. didn't use search guy). :eek:

Thanks for the reassurance. Every car has it's quirks. I've always liked this car, and I think it's about time I get one. I see you're in Houston. There are a couple in your neck of the woods that I'm looking at right now. San Antonio is dry.
Well now you know what to look for. So go out and buy yourself what I can almost guarantee will be you favorite car ever. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts