Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Passport radar detector and blend mount from the car I traded in and mounted it to the mirror stalk of my, new to me, 2013 CTS-V sedan.
I was using a stealth cord that had prongs that pushed into a connection that you could undo at the back of my other car's mirror.
I also have a 2014 SRX that has a radar detector mounted to its mirror stalk. I had the shop that tinted the windows on the SRX also hardwire the detector. They used the flat cord and hooked it up under the dash by the driver.
Is there some place under the dash where I could do this in the CTS-V? That would be a lot easier for me then trying to tap into a connector by the mirror.
I did a quick look and didn't see a fuse panel to use that wasn't in the engine compartment or the trunk.
I feel naked driving without a radar detector.
Thanks for all suggestions,
Tom

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,182 Posts
Search out your cig lighter in the console ashtray. My '14 is switched, so it will go off and on with the ignition. Just run the wires down the A pillar and under the dash to your console/lighter area. Tap into the wires. Easy to do.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Search out your cig lighter in the console ashtray. My '14 is switched, so it will go off and on with the ignition. Just run the wires down the A pillar and under the dash to your console/lighter area. Tap into the wires. Easy to do.
That sounds like the easiest way to go. Could you give me more details? Are the wires out in the open behind the dash or do you have to remove some trim?
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,182 Posts
I did this on my standard '10 CTS and from what I remember it was not too difficult. I believe I found the positive wire for the cigarette lighter and I just hardwired into that. The negative is easy, just find a screw/bolt somewhere. A small flashlight, some needle nose pliers to reach in a tight spot and the proper wiring connectors should do the trick. It was easy and you can get the job done. I ran the wiring up/down the A pillar and just tucked it in, out of sight.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)
710 Posts
There is a switched power source in the overhead map lighting. Can't remember which wire as I did it a couple years ago but if you have a multimeter you can easily find the switched 12V.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts