Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Convertible, 05 CTS-V
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a ton of threads (I've spent hrs lurking) but i haven't found the right one. All i want is to plug my iphone into a 1/8 or 3.5mm female plug so i can listen to Pandora or hear google maps directions thru the factory unit. I don't need bluetooth or any other linking capabilities. Not interested in having control thru the factory screen/buttons. I'm fine with running everything thru my iphone. For example, my 07 Explorer has the aux jack that i plug a 2 foot 1/8 cable into between my phone and that's all i need. I don't use XM, but i might someday, and don't want to disable it or if i have to i can reverse it back.
Can someone recommend a system (price and where to buy if possible)? I have the factory unit out now as i'm changing out all the worn buttons so it's the right time to do this.
Thanks,
BL

·
Registered
67 Convertible, 05 CTS-V
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks one of these will work!

·
Registered
2004 CTS V
167 Posts
What's the deal with "Low Output" when using this option to play music ? Does it somehow bypass our bitchin Bose sound system ? Why would adding an Aux jack and playing music from an iPhone produce poor sound quality ?

Anybody ?

----------

THIS seems to be the shit for adding an Aux. connector for iPhone. http://www.kawal.net/corvettemods.htm

No cutting , no splicing , no disabling XM - plug-n-play for real !

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,098 Posts
If I recall from reading these types of threads years ago, the most common culprit was a sloppy wiring job. All it takes is one strand to be shorted to the wrong thing. I remember reading that folks would swear up and down that they were careful. Then they'd come back later, having redone the patch, and say it's fine now. Anyway, that's what my memory says anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts