Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a previous thread with a DIY written up for sueding your headliner, and read the whole thing. The reaction seemed good, but I need more info. It was dated from 2010 so I'd like a perspective from those who have lived with it. Note, I really want to do this as my current headliner is water stained everywhere.

So...

1) Has anyone sueded their headliner with a sunroof? Was it difficult and did it turn out well? What did you do about the little sun-shade you can pull out? Did that also get sueded?

2) In the DIY thread, he did a black suede. I have the beige interior so I'd like to keep the headliner as a tan. Anyone with the beige interior do this too? I saw Ghettomike commenting about maybe doing it to his tan interior....did you do it?

3) Anyone do any further cool things? I saw the door panel getting some suede and heard talk of the dash being sueded too. How did that work out?

4) Any issues like sagging after a few years with it?

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Sueded roof here for almost 2 years. Havent had a problem with it yet. I was done be a someone who does alot of work with fabrics, so that helps. He wanted to take the dash out to properly do the dash, but I didnt want to do that much work... Also, I didnt use suede...I used a fake suede, dont recall the brand, but it feels just like the Alcantara in BMWs or the fake suede in CTS-V's...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
concorso said:
Sueded roof here for almost 2 years. Havent had a problem with it yet. I was done be a someone who does alot of work with fabrics, so that helps. He wanted to take the dash out to properly do the dash, but I didnt want to do that much work... Also, I didnt use suede...I used a fake suede, dont recall the brand, but it feels just like the Alcantara in BMWs or the fake suede in CTS-V's...
Thank you I appreciate it. You're the first to actually reply! How much did you pay someone to do it? I was considering doing it myself but if its not too expensive, I'd be willing to pay to have it done.

Also, what color did you get? And sunroof or no?

----------

Also, the brand you probably mean is Ultra-suede, right? A high quality, very realistic synthetic suede fabric. At least that's what the main thread about this says they used.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
I went with light grey to match the existing light grey, because I have a sunroof. The sunroof shade is still the original fabric. He did all the pillars plus the roof, charged me 200. I dont know if that was expensive or cheap, but I didnt question it becuase it seemed reasonable and hes a friend. Ultrasuede, yes thats what he callled it. The same material as the V uses.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
concorso said:
I went with light grey to match the existing light grey, because I have a sunroof. The sunroof shade is still the original fabric. He did all the pillars plus the roof, charged me 200. I dont know if that was expensive or cheap, but I didnt question it becuase it seemed reasonable and hes a friend. Ultrasuede, yes thats what he callled it. The same material as the V uses.
Thank you again, that's really helpful. One more thing, if its not a hassle, do you have any pics you'd be able to post of it? And how much did you spend on the suede?

I'm trying to be very certain this is what I want before dropping a ton of money on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts