Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess by now most of you know that I gave my FTS to my son Dave (Blackout). It's been on my mind for a while but his recent semester grades were so good that it got pushed to finality (is that a word?). I felt he deserved a big pat on the back so...the FTS changes owners. I know he'll take good care of the car, and it certainly feels better keeping it in the family yet, it DOES feel a little strange seeing it out and about without me driving it.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
I guess by now most of you know that I gave my FTS to my son Dave (Blackout). It's been on my mind for a while but his recent semester grades were so good that it got pushed to finality (is that a word?). I felt he deserved a big pat on the back so...the FTS changes owners. I know he'll take good care of the car, and it certainly feels better keeping it in the family yet, it DOES feel a little strange seeing it out and about without me driving it.
I know exactly how you feel Kevin. I gave my Mustang to my daughter just about two years ago. She's doing pretty well with it but it's not the same ..... :bigroll:
.... But don't worry dad.....I'll let you take her out for a spin every now and again:thumbsup:
.. yeah, I've heard that one too .... :)

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
It's good to hear at least the FTS stayed in the family .

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Congrats!

I remember it was the start of my second year at the University of Virginia (September 1999) when my Dad handed me the keys to his 1989 Porsche 944 S2 that he bought new. He gave it to me for getting Deans list my first year.

Sure the car had high mileage and was raced numerous weekends by him, but it was the fact that he gave me his prized possession that made the bond between father and son even greater.

:thumbsup:

... too bad I had to sell the car 3 years later because too many tickets :mad:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Well, it's great you're keeping it in the family, I know Blackout will enjoy the hell out of it. But now to answer the great question....what's next for Katshot?

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
Congrats!
...when my Dad handed me the keys to his 1989 Porsche 944 S2 that he bought new. He gave it to me for getting Deans list my first year.
Hah, a Porsche...you know what I got for doing exactly that? "Good job"...then again, that's not necessarily a bad thing, and has kept me realistic.

Otherwise, good move again, both Katshot and Blackout. Rare, cool cars are always more fun when they can stay in the family, even after one person is tired of or done with it.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Well, it's great you're keeping it in the family, I know Blackout will enjoy the hell out of it. But now to answer the great question....what's next for Katshot?
Well if he doesn't buy anymore more vehicles then his next project will be the Mustang. The Aviator is about as modded as you can get unless you start doing a F/I setup or nitrous but thats way out of the question and there's a 1986 Mark VII LSC but he might be getting rid of that but who knows and that leaves the Mustang. Katshot "claims" hes happy with the way the car is now but after owning the car for all of a week a K&N CAI was on there as well as a exhaust. It's been 6 months since he got the car so I've been telling that the bug will be coming back eventually to start playing with it some more

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Katshot, it's great to see you around. I'm glad the ever famous FTS has remained in the family. I'd actually love to see the car again.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
So you would be unrealistic if you had gotten a Porsche?

I dunno...a Ferrari? I was driving past the high school I went to a couple of weeks ago and I saw a bright red 360 Modena coupe coming out of the parking lot! And it had a parking permit hanging from the rearview mirror which meant it was a student's car!!! WTF! I thought I had it good...having a 15 year old Cadillac when I was a senior, but I guess not...all the real cool seniors have Ferraris nowadays. WTF!

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Always great to talk with my freinds here. I suppose that my son might get around to club gatherings more than I did so if that happens, more people will finally be able to see the car in person. Not that it's any huge deal but I know some people care a great deal for these cars.
As for what my next project might be, I really don't know. I guess I'll focus a little more on my Mustang but to be honest, there's not that much more I want to do to it. And I'm always afraid of putting TOO much into it since I still hold out hope that I might trade-up to a Terminator Cobra (the supercharged '03/'04 cars) at some point. Right now, it's a fun car to drive, and that's about all I have time or money for. Two kids in college sucking the life out of me you know! ;)

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
Well, best of luck and happiness to you sir, with what ever you chose, hopefully Blackout will update us every once in a while with some pics. And stop by more often, the forum could use more experienced members!

Brian

·
Registered
1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, 1993 Sedan De Ville
817 Posts
Congrats!

I remember it was the start of my second year at the University of Virginia (September 1999) when my Dad handed me the keys to his 1989 Porsche 944 S2 that he bought new. He gave it to me for getting Deans list my first year.

Sure the car had high mileage and was raced numerous weekends by him, but it was the fact that he gave me his prized possession that made the bond between father and son even greater.

:thumbsup:

... too bad I had to sell the car 3 years later because too many tickets :mad:

Ha! Cops up here are strict. It would be hard not to speed in a Porsche, though.

JRau

1 - 18 of 18 Posts