Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '90 sedan deville's mpg is beginning to drop considerably. I usually get around 20 mpg because I drive slow and coast a lot, but recently it seems that i'm getting about half of that. $25-$30 used to cut it for the week, but now its at least $40. The info center is tellin me i'm still getting 19.x MPG though. A little over a month ago i did my plugs, wires, cap/rotor, and oil; this weekend i'm flushing my injectors. The only cause i can think of is a badly leaking gas cap, cuz my exhaust doesn't smell rich. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a sudden drop in mpg. like a matter of a week or two. and during the last month, gas prices have been dropping over here.

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright, i'll check my fpr on monday when i go to class. i'll look it up on AllData and let u know wats up.

·
Registered
1991 Deville / 1989 BMW 635csi
896 Posts
What is the milage? If it is high, your piston rings might be wearing out. My dads 87 is terrible on fuel, has been dropping more and more, but is has almost 200,000 miles. I was told that that is usually the cause of fuel consumption.

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it has 181k, but its not the actual mileage. when my parents bought it from an old lady 3 years ago, she said that they would pull it with their RV to new mexico to visit their son. but regardless, that might still be the problem.

·
Registered
deville
8 Posts
Mr

your O2 sensors tell the computer how much to run the injectorsit is the most common reson for your problem.Ae you sure someone is not stealing your gas??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts