Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received my volant and installed it this morning. I did not get any instructions but none the less it was not that bad. The torque I definitely feel already and the sound is great. I would like the sound to be louder and I read that if I cut the side of the volant box that is facing the headlamp as well as the flap that would double the noise. Could somebody confirm this.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
So Yevi, you got any pictures of it in your car?

I dont have my Volant yet. Is it not loud at all or do you just wish it was even louder?

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
i can confirm, mind you i never even tried running my volant without first cutting the hole in the front. i modded before i even installed.
it just seemed a given that it would perform better.

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
First, cut the rubber by the radiator that covers the snorkel of the Volant. Then cut a big hole in the volant box by the headlight. Then cut a hole in the splash guard to match your volant hole.

Reactions: tommy compton

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
the snorkel should fit between the rad and the rubber without cutting. then cut your volant and splash guard behind the headlights. for added airflow remove the black plastic piece on the drivers side or the bumper fascia, its in the bottom slot. gets more cool air to that area.

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick responses. It does sounds loud right now but i definitely would like to make it louder. As far as pics go I will try to do that by the end of next week. I removed the plastic from the front bumper but I don't like how that looks so I might put it back. I was wondering how big should the whole be in the volant and what should i use to cut it. Also it is a leased car so I do not really want to cut the headlight flap, it seems I could just bend it out of the way or even completely take it out, is that possible?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
you can just take it out, i believe if i remember right, just remove two bolts holding the splash guard in place, and it comes right out. i removed mine, then cut a strip out of it bolted the strip at the same location and put the other end of the strip under the lid of the volant(i'll show pics if needed) also put some weather stripping around the lid of the volant makes for a better seal. i bet you if that splash guard was missing, because you cut it up they wouldn't even notice when you return it.
the size of the hole i cut was just to the seams on each side, about 1/2 an inch left from the edge or so. i used a drill to get some starting holes, then i used a jigsaw.
just becarefull if you pressure wash your car, don't blast water right in there after, i've had a couple rough starts after washing my car.

·
Registered
2004 CTS in Black
395 Posts
Does anyone have the link to the mod for this? I remember seeing it but my search came up with nothing. :confused:

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
I could use some pics if you have them. Dont go out of your way if you dont

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
here is what i did with the splash guard, its directly over the hole i cut. i did put weather stripping around the lid too. i also cut a hole in the bottom of my airbox, and in the metal underneath the air box(painted the hole in the metal i cut to stop rust) i then added a 2 1/2 inch fange to the bottom of the air box then ran flexible tubing to the slot in the bumper fascia (where i removed the black plastic piece). alittle more ram air.

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pic. It seems i got the jest of it. So if i cut a hole about 3 x 4 and remove the headlight guard the sound should be twice as loud? I dont think I will cut a hole on the bottom of the air box though.

Thanks

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
ya they might notice the hole under your airbox when you return it, or sometime down the road. but ya it will be louder, and definitely get you more air.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts