Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 VSport premium and have swapped the stock grille to a black aftermarket mesh grille and have ACC working successfully.
I also updated to the 2015 grille surround and emblem, and made a lower mesh.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Which aftermarket grill did you install? Looking to do the same to my 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
V style grill on ebay.

How did you attach the mesh to the lower bumper? Did you cut any of the grill behind the emblem? I was getting sporadic errors before I cut the grill, but once I removed some of it I had no more issues with cruise control.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium
175 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
V style grill on ebay.

How did you attach the mesh to the lower bumper? Did you cut any of the grill behind the emblem? I was getting sporadic errors before I cut the grill, but once I removed some of it I had no more issues with cruise control.
Yes, I dremel behind the emblem. I knew it would be an issue so I bought the ACC emblem and cut the grill.

This is how I did the lower mesh.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2008 DTS
1,307 Posts
Looks great but shouldn't the emblem be a little lower? Or is that where it needs to be for ACC to work?

·
Registered
CTS Vsport Premium
26 Posts
I am planning on doing this same mod. Looks amazing! Any advice before going into this? And do you have any photos further back from the car.

thanks and again it looks great.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD (sold)
823 Posts
I am planning on doing this same mod. Looks amazing! Any advice before going into this? And do you have any photos further back from the car.

thanks and again it looks great.
I had mine done too. My advice is to cut the grille and attach the ACC emblem in beforehand. The entire project takes some time and having that part done first will save alot of time. Also, if you have the front camera, you will want to save additional time by cutting that part out first too. Oh and I didn't need to buy the ACC emblem. I just took my factory ACC emblem off and re-use, but be careful removing it as to not break off the clips. I had one clip broke off.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V sport premium, 2014 Roush Stage 3, 2014 ATS 3.6
15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac ATS
1,141 Posts
Wow that actually looks pretty damn good, I like it! I must also say and I know some will disagree, but holy cow the newer crest logo looks sooooooo much better than then old school wreath. IMO changes the look of the entire car.

·
Registered
2007 SRX
15 Posts
This looks totally nice, do you guys know if this fits a 2016 CTS V Sport? Logging in to that Ebay link it is only avail for the regular CTS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts