Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if everyone remembers I ran into some problems with my brakes creaking, dealer telling me they were fixed due to the LCA TSB which they were not and then refused to refund or credit me for the cost and told me to leave.

New Dealer I went too afterwards, found out my brakes and brake hardware needed done for the creak and also sway bar bushings were bad and needed replaced. This dealer also advised that sway bar bushings were probably damaged by the first dealer doing the LCA fix since it was right after I heard the noise

Well today I called back over to the first dealer, got ahold of the service manager. Explained to him calmly everything that had happened. Not like I'm some crazy, I mean I've spent probably $1,000 in warranty deductibles for repairs there since Dec 2009. Basically told him that i've had alot of service done there and was very upset. So after a conversation he agreed to cover the cost of fixing my sway bar bushings without them even looking at them. To make up for the $100 deduct on the LCA TSB fix that did nothing he offered to take $100 off my quoted brake job which I had to decline because it still would have been $69 more then Firestone is going to charge me to do it. So they are going to give me a free full synthetic oil change and a exterior/interior detail service to make up for the $100. So I am happy now again with the dealer.

·
Registered
2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

After 3 months of a weird creaking noise in the brakes (that no one could tell me for some reason that it was my brake hardware after 6 visits) I now have quiet brakes. Cost me a whopping $53.25 at firestone after $300 in warranty deductibles, the firestone actually did not recommend me doing pads & resurfacing the rotors like the dealer did as well. The said I'm still at like 5mm in the front brakes and can prob get another 10-15k miles, not bad considering they are factory pads with 50k miles on them.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Buy that service mgr a nice lunch, or bring some pizzas to his office and tell his staff that he ordered them for his staff. Sometimes I take the food to him in front of his staff and hand the mgr a couple of coins. Then I state: "Here is your change, sir." He becomes the hero in the eyes of his staff.

They will all remember you. (In a good sense.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts