Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if its possible to replace the 10 in. Bose sub with an aftermarket sub, also would I have to get a new amp or is the stock one good enough? I havent owned my Caddy long only about 2 months but I would like to hear some feedback from other owners about the Bose system, in my opinon I think it sounds pretty damn good, but like I said I havent owned it very long so it probally hasnt had enough time to develop any problems. Other than that its A BANGIN ASS SYSTEM (for stock).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more thing I dont know if anyone else noticed it but there is a nifty little stash compartment in the center console underneath everything, I thought that was pretty sweet. Thanks Cadillac engineers.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Use the search function.
Anyways:
D148L0 said:
The easy way is to go to user-friendly websites, like cardomain.com. They usually mention if a sub is suitable or not for free air applications.
The hard way is to learn what the specifications mean and make a decision based on that. the12volt.com gives good explanations about subwoofer especifications.
In my opinion, this is one of the best free air-capable subs you could get for your budget: http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFPERFECT12VQ
Also check the ID series from Image dynamics.
NOTE:Realize that using a subwoofer in a free air setup will greatly reduce its power handling capabilities.
I wouldn't use the stock amp to power it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts