Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here installed a 8 or 10 inch sub in the rear panel in the back of an 02-up escalade?

If so what all did you do to accomplish it? I have seen it done on a tahoe just wondering if anyone has tried it on an escalade?

In the 02 and 03 models is this the location of the factory bose sub? If so could I not just buy the parts for an 02 or 03 and replace the sub with a JL 8?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sinisterj said:
Has anyone on here installed a 8 or 10 inch sub in the rear panel in the back of an 02-up escalade?

If so what all did you do to accomplish it? I have seen it done on a tahoe just wondering if anyone has tried it on an escalade?

In the 02 and 03 models is this the location of the factory bose sub? If so could I not just buy the parts for an 02 or 03 and replace the sub with a JL 8?

Mtx makes thunderforms which are the enclosure that fits in the rear panel.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
Sinisterj said:
The 02' Lade doesn't have the Bose sound system in it so the sub is back there. The 03' Lade has a Bose system and the sub is in the center console.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
boombotz said:
The 02' Lade doesn't have the Bose sound system in it so the sub is back there. The 03' Lade has a Bose system and the sub is in the center console.
My 02 has the Bose System and my sub is in the back, on the drivers side.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
slk230mb said:
My 02 has the Bose System and my sub is in the back, on the drivers side.
Steve I forgot about the Bose NON-LUX systems GM put in the the 02' models of the Escalade. It must of been a option and not standard because I just saw a 02 with no Bose sound system. Sorry for the wrong info.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
486 Posts
I have a JL Audio 10W6V2 In the back side panel on a 2003 ESV. Its in a box behind the pannel and the pannel was redone to fit the sub. It sounds great!

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
boombotz said:
Steve I forgot about the Bose NON-LUX systems GM put in the the 02' models of the Escalade. It must of been a option and not standard because I just saw a 02 with no Bose sound system. Sorry for the wrong info.
Interesting, all the info for the 02s I have seen lists the sunroof and engine block heater as they only options beside paint. :confused: My owners manual even came with a separate little book explaining the bose system.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'll see if I have some, Right now its getting a Kenwood DDX8017 Headunit installed. I'll post those on Friday when I get it back. I'll try to swing by the shop tomorrow and get pictures of how he mounted the Amp and of the actual box behind the panel because he was adding some vibration dampening material.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
benamaster said:
I'll see if I have some, Right now its getting a Kenwood DDX8017 Headunit installed. I'll post those on Friday when I get it back. I'll try to swing by the shop tomorrow and get pictures of how he mounted the Amp and of the actual box behind the panel because he was adding some vibration dampening material.
Sweet I would love to see how the sub install in the rear panel is done... I want to try it! I have a DDX8017 installed awesome choice!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
03 ESV
114 Posts
Called MTX and I was told that they do not make an enclosure for the rear panel, So it looks like I have to get one made or get a removable one for the rear behind the 3rd seat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok here is what I am thinking and any input is greatly appreciated,

In my 2005 Escalade I have the rear panel but the grill isnt cut/slotted out. Therefore if I buy a completely new rear panel from a 2002 escalade which had a sub there I will have the slotted rear panel. I believe I have found the part here... PART#2

So then I would still need the enclosure for the sub which I would again have to purchase the enclosure out of a 2002. I think this is the part for the enclosure... PART#6

Once these are purchased then I in essence would have the rear panel like a 2002 and could just place a JL 8" sub in the rear panel and the amp wherever I decide to put it... probably under the rear seat.

Im wanting to know if this sounds correct... basically if anyone has opened up the rear panel on a 02 Tahoe, Yukon or Escalade that could confirm this?

I am also curious about these people that say a 10" sub can be mounted with "modifications" what those modifications consist of.

I am also wanting to know anyone that has installed an 8" sub what brand the sub was and if it was JL what model.

I am very interested in performing this on my vehicle I just want to make sure I am looking at all of the parts correctly and since I do not have an 02 to look at behind the panel I am hoping someone can help me out. I plan on posting a thourough guide on how to perform this if I get it done to help some other people out in the process

·
Registered
486 Posts
Here is the pic of my 10" JL Audio 10W6V2-D4. I believe one member installed a JL Audio 8W0 or one of the other small JL Subs. Mine sounds great and I love the larger size. Eventually the panel will be painted to match perfectly with custom mixed SEM Interior Dye/Paint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey i am also in the process of installing a sub in the rear panel of my 06 Escalade. I bought a JL 8W3, A JL 250/1 amp, all the wiring and the PAC interface to hook up my amp to the factory Bose amp. I would put a 10 inch sub but it doesn't look like i have much space to work with. I found a tutorial on how to remove the factory sub from a 2002 escalade with pictures and i was looking at how everything was situated. It looks like I need the same parts that Sinisterj needs. Can i get a 2002 rear panel in pewter color to match my interior? Also does anyone know the part numbers for the rear panel and sub enclosure from the 2002 escalade?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I considered purchasing one like the subbox.net one but I was afraid that it would rattle everything up front. So for bass up front I have two JL Audio 6W0's in the doors along with the midrange and tweeter. The 6W0's play down to about 50Hz.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
06BlueChip said:
Hey i am also in the process of installing a sub in the rear panel of my 06 Escalade. I bought a JL 8W3, A JL 250/1 amp, all the wiring and the PAC interface to hook up my amp to the factory Bose amp. I would put a 10 inch sub but it doesn't look like i have much space to work with. I found a tutorial on how to remove the factory sub from a 2002 escalade with pictures and i was looking at how everything was situated. It looks like I need the same parts that Sinisterj needs. Can i get a 2002 rear panel in pewter color to match my interior? Also does anyone know the part numbers for the rear panel and sub enclosure from the 2002 escalade?
Can you email me or post the link to the tutorial? I am needing to see what it looks like behind the panel of an 02! Thanks:yup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey SinisterJ and anyone else who needs to see the subwoofer set up in a 2002 Escalade, I payed for the tutorial on how to remove the sub and amp in the rear of a 2002 Escalade on www.carstereohelp.com. The link is http://www.carstereoremoval.com/htm/stereoremovalCadillacEscalade99_02RSub.php
The log in e-mail is: [email protected] The password is: DH9MgC
When i get my JL 8W3 i will take pictures of my installation and the custom box i will make to hold the sub (since i can't find the part # from a 2002 to order the factory enclosure).

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts