Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to put some bigger subs in my truck, the ext. If I am to install new subs I would want to replace my midgate. I want to put 2 12's or 2 15's, and an amp.

Now what do you guys suggest? I want the best thump for its price. What are reliable companies?
Thanks

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood Brougham D'elgance
204 Posts
JL W6 or W7 audio all day. Then consider Memphis if JL price range is a bit high. No other speaker can come close to those brands ATM. Hear one JL and then listen to 3 kickers sub. That one JL w7 will destroy them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I agree with Big Blue but the W7s are priced pretty high. The kicker L7 subs are pretty good and they handle a lot of power and they can HIT! I was at a contest this summer and this dude had 2 13" JL W7 in a tracker walled off with 2 2000 watt amps and he hit 152 DBs, which is very good if you don't know much about DBs. Resonant Engineering is another pretty good sub. My friend has a 15 and he placed in 3 different competitions this summer and the sound quality of it is very very good still.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Big_Blue said:
JL W6 or W7 audio all day. Then consider Memphis if JL price range is a bit high. No other speaker can come close to those brands ATM. Hear one JL and then listen to 3 kickers sub. That one JL w7 will destroy them.
Yes the JL subs are very good subs but i wouldn't exactly say no other sub can come close to them.

fast66, you should go to a car audio forum and check out your options.

i recommend:
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/4.html
http://forum.sounddomain.com/

base your decision on what type of musci you listen to.

the kicker square subs will sound like shit for sq but if all you want is huge bass then the l5/l7/soloX would be perfect.

i personally am looking at the Image Dynamics IDMAX subs for mainly sound quality.

·
Registered
81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8
230 Posts
Don't use 15's please, yes they have alot of bass but way to slow and no sound quality. I personally like the 12in Alpine type-R, great sound quality, hits real hard, and good price. I had one in my old 92 Cutless Supreme and it hit hard enough for me with only a 350w amp, when the speaker maxes at 850w I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts