Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,517 Posts
Well, I was cruising around in the Eldo one night, and some yahoo in a Monte carlo (not the nice ones) wanted to run. So I take him down this one road, run, beat him, and I turn around in this apartment parking lot. Literally seconds after I pull out, this cop goes flying by with his lights and sirens on. Holy shiznat was I scared. Luckilly he didn't turn around like I thought he was going to do.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
Well... I wanted to see what I could do in the 1/4, so I found a strech of road that looked like about the right distance, but I counted off the sidewalk panels and it was short, so I measured off the right distance which was on the other side of a stop sign (3 way stop intersection). I nailed it and went through the run full force and blew through the stop sign at somewhere over 75mph (speedo doesnt work). Stupid. Very stupid. If I ever feel the need to do anything like that again I'll at least have a friend down there with a walkie talkie so I can see tell if anyones coming..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I drove without a license during the blackout that happened here. I drove right through a dead red light, and the police got me. That was like the worst month of my life!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,651 Posts
I jumped a median once @ 50 mph in a '64 Ranchero. Somehow I had ended up going the wrong way on a divided highway. When I saw four headlights coming straight at me @ 100 mph, I had to think fast.

Cracked the idler arm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
I nailed it and went through the run full force and blew through the stop sign at somewhere over 75mph

Davesdeville, what car was that? A Fleetwood?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Well, I had to cut in front of this guy and right before I went to turn at the corner, he speeds up and skims me. Instead of just going home and forgetting about it, I chased him. He kept cutting in front of me so I couldn't get by. I finally got next to him and asked him if he was fckn crazy. He said yeah and peeled out. I was kind of dumbfounded. I also had no insurance.

I KNOW I'M NOT TELLING THIS STORY WELL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,536 Posts
Something my buddy did. I'm driving down the road, him in the passenger seat. We pull up next to a cop at a light. He rolls down the window (this was a 95 Lincoln Town Car) and waves to the cop to roll down his. The cop rolls his window down, and my buddy says, "Pardon me.. Do you have any grey poupon?" I smacked my buddy upside his head, as the cop laughed. And drove off. I was glad he didn't feel the need to sobriety test us. Though admittedly, we were both sober.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,009 Posts
Well, when I was driving 2 female friends home one day, we decided to just drive around, I went 4x4'ing in the orchards, did 180's in the grass, ran over a wood pallet, did a 360 on the side of a road (grass field) and a school bus passed me.... then another night (like a month ago) it was late out and I went on this sweet road, speed limit is like 40 or so, and at the 4 way stop sign before the road, a guy in a newer Taurus peeled out, so I was like sweet, and stayed with him.....simply put, we were doing like 75, and this road is VERY hilly, like soo much that going 50 or 60 and the front of the car is off the ground, so I hit one of the hills (this is going down the road, so besides all the mini-hills, the whole road is going down) and I felt the steering get light- real light, engine race up, so I hit the brakes and nothing happens, feel ABS kicking in, then feel the car hit the ground, brakes lock up then ABS does it's job and I regain control....it was soo sweet though, the suspension on my car is mushy and stuff and it took the "jump" with no problem :D good times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,658 Posts
I cant say Ive done anything really stupid in the Q...... Although I have done some pretty questionable things....

I guess you could say Im an aggressive, but safe driver.....

Knowing my luck, as soon as Id do something like that my parents would somehow find out or a cop would be nearby......

But I do enjoy beating our leased GTP.... (hope the dealer never sees this one!!!!).... things like putting it in park while moving (5mph), random downshifts, endless peelouts, etc...... hey, its goin away in a year, so who cares what happens to it after that!!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
lev said:
I nailed it and went through the run full force and blew through the stop sign at somewhere over 75mph

Davesdeville, what car was that? A Fleetwood?
My 78 fleetwood.

paranoid: Hope youre not a cop or something..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
elwesso said:
I cant say Ive done anything really stupid in the Q...... Although I have done some pretty questionable things....

I guess you could say Im an aggressive, but safe driver.....

Knowing my luck, as soon as Id do something like that my parents would somehow find out or a cop would be nearby......

But I do enjoy beating our leased GTP.... (hope the dealer never sees this one!!!!).... things like putting it in park while moving (5mph), random downshifts, endless peelouts, etc...... hey, its goin away in a year, so who cares what happens to it after that!!!!
The reason my next car will be brand new! Why not own it? You still have to pay for any damages when the lease is up?!

In the late 80's/early '90's I cruised a lot in the summers. One time I raced a turbo Capri, won by a half-car length, doing 100 down mainstreet in town. People knew to get out of the way on Saturday nights, and not too many cops. Cops got both of us, and I was so mad that after the fuzz gave me my ticket, I peeled out with him watching! His jaw dropped to the street. :histeric: I will never forget that. (despite how stupid it was)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Ralph said:
The reason my next car will be brand new! Why not own it? You still have to pay for any damages when the lease is up?!

In the late 80's/early '90's I cruised a lot in the summers. One time I raced a turbo Capri, won by a half-car length, doing 100 down mainstreet in town. People knew to get out of the way on Saturday nights, and not too many cops. Cops got both of us, and I was so mad that after the fuzz gave me my ticket, I peeled out with him watching! His jaw dropped to the street. :histeric: I will never forget that. (despite how stupid it was)
Is your insurance system public or private?

I can't be caught pulling shit like that with the already ludacris rates here with the private companies. I'm forking up $5000/year as primary driver on the caddy and if I get a sppeding ticket or an accident that rate will soar to $8000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,105 Posts
2dfx said:
Is your insurance system public or private?

I can't be caught pulling shit like that with the already ludacris rates here with the private companies. I'm forking up $5000/year as primary driver on the caddy and if I get a sppeding ticket or an accident that rate will soar to $8000
O ya, in Ontario you guys are private, right? Everyone always says that private insurance is good for competition, and therefore the rates are lower, but not in your case unfortunately. The insurance Co's got greedy. We have Crown controlled rates, meaning it's controlled by the NDP. (that's provincial government for all you Yanks reading this) My plates aren't too bad, at $791.00 plus I have a 200 deductable from a private insurance Co. If I didn't have the extra private insurance, the deductable that comes with the plates is $700. I cannot believe you are paying that much, you got to move out West Dude! The air is cleaner too! ;) Also, we don't have to get emissions testing out here. :D
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
Ralph
Top