Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well bought a new thermostat from summit and started byte replacement job.I soon realized at 70. My hands are just no whstvthry used to be.do brought it to my dealer.now here's the stupid question. Will a non v sts thermostat fit ours or us it a unique fitment.I told them it's a v but I just want to be sure. Thanks

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Past: 06 STS-V Allante, 05 V8 STS 05 CTS-V 08 CTS 06 CTS
321 Posts
I had a hell of a time with my t-stat lately damn thing stuck and car started to get hot. It was a MR Gasket one replaced with another MR Gasket one only lasted 6 months. Torch listen to the other guys on the forum they all replace with this one there is a reason the ac/off engine message hasn't came back after I replaced it this time. I wouldn't put the non supercharger stat in my V but thats just me.

·
Registered
894 Posts
i try to run the mr gasket 6367 which is the 160 t stat. however if i have to use the 180 stock unit i drill 4 holes in it. lol. kept temps down and never had to worry about it sticking. putting the 160 back in for tuning purposes but you can bet that 180 isnt leaving the trunk just in case.

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well had the dealer out on oem tstat yesterday.all in was like 400.bucks.I've generally been happy with theirbservhce and asked why so.much. It takes 21/2..hours labor to do the whole job. Said something about moving the intake. Well at least my check engine light is off
when hit engine came on before I didn't getvtgr light.he told the old one was stuck closed

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
I think it took me 3.5-4hrs when I did it a few weeks ago. Mind you I had never worked on a cadillac before and had only had the car a week, so quite a bit of going slow, looking and learning. The skirt underneath took longer to remove than the tstat did..

Does require pulling the intake off to get any real access to it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
with stock intake you would need to remove the front piece. with timmyc you just have to remove the blower lines, and boom full access. the dealer is a joke at 400 for a tstat install though. thats insane. takes me 20min to do mine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts