Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any of you that replaced the factory sub with a Kicker Comp or otherwise in the rear parcel shelf tried powering it with the Bose amp for giggles?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
It will work but you won't have a lot of output. Since the Comp is a 4 ohm driver it doesn't do a lot. I ran it this way for about three days last week when I pulled my JL amp. Will it work, yes. Does it sound better than factory, no.

Shane

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Shane. Exactly what I was after.

Do you suppose a 2ohm DVC driver would do any better? I doubt the Bose amp has more than say 50 watts to the sub...but...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I would say the subwoofer channel is more like 20 to 25 watts. You could try a dual voice coil but it would have to be very efficient. I've got a really nice JL amp and Kicker Comp 10 I would make you a hell of a deal on:D Fits reall nice back there.

Shane

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Spend the $$, WW. Sounds sooooooooo much better. Been kickin' to Weezer all weekend. Bass: "boom, boom, boom, boom..."

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
law -

I have had a sub and amp in my car for a long time now...just trying to see if there are other experiments to try before I tear into something else :nono:

What I really want to address is the door speakers at the moment. I just noticed that on the "other" CTS board, they're trying to find a high efficiency, DVC drop in 10" driver to replace the stock sub. Doubt it will be successful, but thought I'd dig around a little and see what I could find.

Thanks guys.

oh yeah...weezer..."...just pull the thread as I walk away..." or do you mean more like "...Beveryly Hills...that's where I wanna be..." :D

People freak at my music selection. iPod has everything from The Big E (Elton that is) to Bush, Soundgarden, Hole, Def Leppard, Rush, Eagles, WEEZER...I digress...

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
BTW, wild(and others), what are you guys using to encode when you import your cds to your iPod. I've been using Apple Lossless for my best cds and AAC @ 160kbps w/VBR for most others. I don't have any good outputs yet for my iPod, using an FM modulator in my Town Car and the stock earbuds otherwise. I really can't tell if there is a difference. I'll find out later when everything is hardwired, but that may be too late.

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
160-192k is the best from what I have heard.. I have some stuff in 256 (mp3).... It's really hard to hear the compression (my girlfriend cant) unless there is alot of high hat drums or unless you know what to listen for (audiophile).... MP3 compression is pretty good..

Reed

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
WW: everything, from way back. "I'll soon be naked, lyin' on the floor, lyin' on the floor, I've come undone..."

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lawfive -

you're one interesting V owner ;)

Threadjack - they're is finally a dyno in my area...hope to have at least one more hp than you when I take her in the next week or two :thumbsup:

WW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts