Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 STS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous posted with no reply - asked where plug in is for block heater on 1998 STS, does anyone know if this exists & where it cld be found????? Help. Tks.:thepan:

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
I remember seeing the other post. I myself do not know. I would think this info might be in the regular owner's manual. Do you have one?

I had downloaded a manual at work for my 94 eldy. That was some time ago. Now that I am home, I can't remember where I downloaded it (for free).

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
I just looked at a manual for a 93 Eldy. I know your STS is much newer, but this may help. This is info from the manual:

In very cold weather, 0 degrees F (-18 C) or colder, the engine block heater can
help. You’ll get easier starting and better fuel econonly during engine
warm-up.
To use the block heater:
1. Turn off the engine.
2. Open the hood and unwrap the electrical cord.
3. Plug it into a normal, grounded 1 10-volt outlet.

That is all it says. Hope it helps a little.

Did this option come with your vehicle?

·
Registered
2000 DEVILLE,2001 STS.
122 Posts
I came across an advertisement on the web that listed an engine block heater as an $18.00 option on the 1998 sls and sts.Where it's located..???
your halfway there anyhow.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
I am sure it was optional. You may not have one. I would suspect that they are rare.

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
bucky STS said:
Previous posted with no reply - asked where plug in is for block heater on 1998 STS, does anyone know if this exists & where it cld be found????? Help. Tks.:thepan:
As has already been mentioned, it is an optional piece of equipment, and if you have one, there will be a cord with a regular NEMA-type plug (like anything in your house that plugs in). It will be under the hood somewhere. If you don't see it immediately, you don't have a block heater.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts