Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered CTS V - ordered 03/13 delivered 06/24!
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do V driver's wave to each other?

I know when I drive my Vette and my wife's Jeep Rubicon that there
is a nice modest wave. Is it the same with V's?:cool2:

·
Registered
Cts-v (on order) Red, Black interior, 6mt
57 Posts
Ive been driving an old bmw m3 for quite some time, and my brother drives a 2003 m3 as well, and i can tell you that almost any fellow m3 driver will flash eachother the brights and wave as they pass one another. I would hope its the same with the V, although it would be more rare to see another V.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I haven't seen another V on the road here in Cleveland in the almost 3 1/2 weeks I've had mine. I'll be happy to wave (safety willing) if I see another V!

·
Registered
Cadillac
69 Posts
I think it's universal from motorcycles, cars, boats, etc. When another similar vehicle is right next to you there is usually a little nod, tip of the cap, or wave to say, "nice choice friend". It happened with my Volvo, Audi, and I hope so with the V. I haven't seen another one yet though. I did get a couple of nods from 3 vette drivers so far.

chris

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
^^^
I got a wave and a nice run with a guy in a brand new Corvette early Saturday morning on my way to the hospital.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
There are lots of Vs here in the Dallas area. Unfortunately it seems that the new crowd in the V2s dont recognize the V1s. I've seen a a few V2s on the road and have yet to have one of them wave back (Except of course for forum members CadV, Silver-V- and Fubar). V1s are another story, 99% of the time will initiate or respond to a friendly wave.

When I drive my fiance's JK 4 door Wrangler I get waves all the time.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
It's only been about 3 weeks since I picked the v2 up, but I've not seen a single v2 in that time. I have seen quite a few v1's and usually get a nod and smile from them, but no challenges ... :D

Rob

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
239 Posts
Corvette News promoted waving at other vette drivers, 40+ years ago. Don't know if waving started with the vette, or with motorcycles, but half the time when I'm in a vette I don't get a wave back from most new vette owners. Older vette owners seem to wave more prolifically.

As for the CTS-V - I've had mine 10 weeks, and the next V I see on the road will be the first one - besides my own. I'll wave, and he/she won't know why I'm trying to be friendly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts