Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2014 cts v and was looking at the corsa sport axle back exhaust. Does changing just the exhaust require the car to be tuned?

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
No tune needed. I have the Corsa Sport axle back also. You will love the sound! :)

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I kept an eye on the various sites and when autoanything.com had it on sale I jumped on it. I've bought several items through them. Fair prices and excellent customer service.
As much as I love the Corsa Sport (I do, no regrets), had the SW cat back been available for coupes when I was looking, it would have have narrowly beat out the Corsa Sport. And it's a little less expensive too.

·
Registered
2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650
68 Posts
I also have the corsa sport axle back exhaust on my 2012 CTS-V A6 sedan. Get it you'll love it. I've had it on there for 1 1/2 years and 20,000 miles and couldn't be happier. No drone whatsoever, and slightly louder at cruise over stock at 70 mph( maybe 3 to 5 percent tops). You won't even notice the difference. At all other rpms it's better than stock and has a really nice sound when you get on it. It should have come standard stock. If you are planning to go with headers later on, keep the stock exhaust as headers and the corsa sport will be quite loud as a combo. If no headers are planned, get the corsa sport and don't look back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just to add a few other things. No tune required after install, no check engine light after 20,000 miles and passed emissions twice with no problem. Also no problem warranty wise. It's all good.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Yes. I have the Corsa Sport axle back exhaust, Airaid CAI, and Vmax ported throttle body. No CEL's or other issues, and no tune.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Along the same lines, I'm thinking about doing the stage 1 mod ( 2.55 pulley airaid CAI, Tune, 1000 CC injectors) and I was wondering is there any increased whine from the airaid at light throttle around town or highway cruising. From what I've gathered from others on here, there isn't any increased noise except when you start to get on it above maybe 2000 rpm along with increased supercharger whine. Also for those that have gone to a similar stage 1 upgrade, any problem with increased temp when just light cruising, in traffic etc. I'm guessing it does give a decided thrilling mid range punch that the stock tune doesn't have. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
11 CTS-V
46 Posts
I did Redline Motor Sports V2 package and added long tube headers and high flow cats hooked to the stock mufflers, and it is awesome. Mods are close to what you describe. Car is not much louder at idle or normal driving, just a deeper growl, but at WAO throttle it sounds great. I still get around 15 mpg highway driving too.

·
Registered
CTS V wagon
131 Posts
I have a much more stupid question. What technically speaking is a tune? I've always understood it to mean something general that includes the kinds of mods you're describing--tweaking exhauts, headers, pulleys, etc. When you say "a tune", are you referring specifically to tweaking the computer settings of the car?

·
Registered
11 CTS-V
46 Posts
Yes, because if you modify your car with say headers or pulleys you need to mod the computer program that runs your motor. If not, you will see you check engine light quickly. Most tuners change both engine and transmission programs

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, because if you modify your car with say headers or pulleys you need to mod the computer program that runs your motor. If not, you will see you check engine light quickly. Most tuners change both engine and transmission programs
Todd nailed it. I'm coming from an Evo so just use to the terminology.

·
Registered
CTS-V
66 Posts
A proper tune even with just your mods will change the car noticably. Just tweaking the transmission was a great improvement.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know but the car has a long time on the warranty so I'm not going the tune route.
I got the airaid installed. It sounds great. Getting the corsa installed tomorrow.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
38 Posts
Yup. Im running the Corsa sport and airaid CAI, no tune required. You'll like the corsa sound for sure. No drone at all. Nice growl when you get on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the exhaust install was a complete fail today. Took it to an exhaust shop and they gave me a run around about not sure if they could complete it before they closed. They would have had 5hrs. I just took my stuff and left. Guess I'll try someone else next week.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
38 Posts
Yup, Take your business elsewhere. Ask around for some reputable shops in your area. You want it done right, not by some schmuck.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts