Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound stupid, but I just got my 92 deVille and something is driving me nuts. This happens everytime I have a car with a power seat, I cant find the most comfortable position!! I know it sounds psycho; but I get in a position that I think is comfortable, and than two minutes later I adjust it again and again! For instance, I like to sit relatively reclined (not a ton, just a little), so I tilted the back of the bottom cushion down. A minute later, it felt too tilted, so I tiled it back up. Than, I reclined the upper part of the seat and thought I was comfortable, etc, etc. No, I dont need to be committed, I just suck at finding my most comfortable position, and seeing that this is a luxury car, I want to be my most comfortable, lol! Help me before I go nuts!!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Wow, ive never seen a post like this before.....!!

Anyway, I think its because you think its bugging you, it is....

I am tall and skinny, and I have my seat set with the front of the seat bottom all the way up, the back all the way down, and the back somewhat reclined, with the seat most the way back.... Lumbar controls are at about half.....

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
yeah, that happens with me sometimes.... then I mess around with the controls and then I can't find the spot I liked... I wish I had memory seating...

...I like to keep the seat raised all the way, then bring the back down, so it is reclined a little, and also mess around with the lever for the seat back...

when I decied to go into sport driving mode and want to tear up the twistys in the DeVille, I put the seat in a more aggressive stance :D

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I'm fussy about that too, it's embarrassing to admit! Even with memory seats. This sounds REALLY stupid, but I like my seats Guistappo style, meaning no choice. Our Pontiac is old, and I am very comfortable with it knowing there is no other choice! ;) If you want to complicate things, be thankful we don't have power adjustable pedals as well. I would prob. put them halfway because you don't want to be too close to the airbag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts