Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
cts?
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 03 cts, now my dic is stuck at -40 degrees and wont budge, also says possible ice condition when i start the car, i'm guessing the message is in relation to the temp. Now my question is where is the temp sensor located, and is there anything else i should check, i would like to avoid the dealer if possible since i'm out of warranty.

Thanks.

·
Registered
cts?
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look out the window. Do you see snow?
You have to be kidding me......

Its definitely not -40, i just wanna know where the outside temp sensor is located and how to test it to see if its good, or is it something else that went wrong.

I guess its hard to get any real help on here, people just like to be smart-ass's.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,970 Posts
On an '06 STS the ambient air temperature sensor is locate near the hood latch mechanism in front of the radiator. My guess is that it's unplugged.

X

·
0 Posts
at least you can find a small amount of humor in this defect....

that is pretty funny.

In all seriousness, I have no idea though. Good luck on the hunt!

·
Registered
27 Posts
If it is showing -40, it is either unplugged, a wire is cut, or the sensor itself has failed. It is located on the hood latch support, behind the grille. The HVAC system will substitute a "dummy" value in it's computations, but you might see some goofy temperature control situations. The engine does not use this sensor for it's operating control, it has its own.

·
Registered
cts?
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, got in my car this morning and it started working fine, i think it just needed time to reset or somehting...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts