Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Deville Base
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I decided enough is enough and I wanted to systematically fix all codes on my 99 Deville. I had about 6 codes, including such things as bad Oil pressure switch, a wrong side view mirror, etc.

I have now successfully fixed 5 of the 6 codes, but the last one is kicking my ass. As you may have guesses, TCS code C1228 (Right rear excessive wheel speed variation) is the culprit. I have replaced the hubby assembly and cleaned the connector to no avail. Every few days the traction control warning message comes on and this code gets thrown. All I have to do is restart the car and all is well again, till a few days later the same thing happens again.

My OCD is driving me crazy, so I am here for some good advice about what to do next.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,513 Posts
Not sure about Deville - but is there another speed sensor pigtail-to-body harness connector 18" - 2' up behind the fenderwell liner ?

Look up the wiring in the NalleyGMC site. Make, year, model, system, subsystem. Bunches of diagrams - not schematics, line drawings of parts and stuff.

·
Registered
1999 Deville Base
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to close out this thread: I have finally resolved this issue. Turns out the issue laid with the micro connector to the control module. Cleaning those plugs completely stopped the issue from re-occurring.

·
Registered
1999 Deville Base
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never said I work fast :yawn: But I am stubborn and get things fixed eventually :hide:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts