Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Buick Electra Estate Wagon aka Country Cadillac
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I don' have a caddy, but want one let me tell you how i was own on the interstate.
I was driving on the interstate at 90mph and i see some light come up real quick, I think it is the cops (cold sweat) so i get over and slow down to 70.(praying that he will no pull me over) but it was a (I say) 98 Caddy STS. So i'm in the right he is in the left and i say hell no and bring the grand am about up to 90. I think he was shock at first, then he starts to come back up. So i just f-it lets have some fun so i just punch it to the floor. I hit my limiter at 110, then i saw in my mirrors his head lights hit the air and he was gone.

:worship: Northstar

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The SE can be V6 or I4. I have a I4 2.4 twincam 150 Hp and 155Tq. I know half as much as the N*. The V6 SE is 170hp and 200Tq.

·
Registered
377 Posts
lol give the guy a break! i thought these threads were locked unless you had so many posts??? change it? no wonder that mark viii guy came over, and never came back when i said even his own members reported mid 15's, not mid 14's lol

STS's are highway killers, they may only be a high 14 second car, but from a role they can hang with some high 13/low 14 second cars (like modded GTP's, gs's...) not slouches from a stop, they just really like to wind up

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol I knew i had no chance of wining. I was just having fun. I sure some of the people with the 307olds tried to race someone and got owned. Only thing i can say is give me a few years to get my car right then, twincam>northstar :burn:

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
twincam>northstar? I'd almost boot you for ignorance... Your "twincam" I4 is on the same basis as the DOHC Northstar. Both are set up with dual camshafts above the valvetrain. But, the Northstar is a V design, and 8 Cylinders. You're little I4, even if you're insane enough to turbo it, will only be brought up to about the same horses a stock northstar churns out. Add to that, aside from the programming for it, we have the parts to make 500+ horse street driven northstars. (I'm planning for 550-575 from mine.) Also, that will be supercharged, so welcome to a flat torque curve. Should be able to stomp plenty of vehicles, and anything shy of a race car running a 4 banger.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice Eldorado, I'm just here to have fun you guys. I can wish can I? Or i just can wait till my Grand Dad buys a new cadillac and he give me his 95 Fleetwood. I know what all can be done to the northstar, I'm not just any punk 17 old kid from alabama. 300Hp stock is very nice. If i had an insane amount of money I could put the northstar in my car. If somebody can do it to a VW Rabbit anything is possible. Rember i just here to have fun.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea somewhat :) . Oh well I join the site june been lurking sine feb. Just thought i make use of my account

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome brother, were glad to have you. I raced one of those grand-ams with the ram air a few months ago. I have to say I was pretty damn shocked that those have the giddyup they do. He almost shocked me more than I shocked him... almost. :lildevil:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yea because the GT has a V8

I keed, AED made that Grand Am SE FWD into a RWD monster. It is a L98 that pushes out over 600hp. I think that would push any northstar to shame :lildevil:

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Ok, I'm pretty sure thats a centrifigual supercharger there. But why isin't it connected to the intake :confused: I bet you could get some more power if you use it for more than a decoration :p

·
Registered
377 Posts
shadow, your making us look like a bmw forum, a little cocky are we?? give the guy a break. yeah, there's plenty of 600+ twin turbo northstars out there, but are any in a cadillac? nope. it would take a little more than your average bolt on supercharger to pull that off. its been tried, its failed. everyone seems to think new cams, heads and BAM 400hp. but at what rpm? remember tim allen's DTS? what a joke. i know it was the programming slowin that thing down, but still, all that work and still barely a high 14 second car? pshhh

that v8 grand am..what a WASTE OF MONEY! seriously, if that guy put it in a stock looking 4 door GT, than that would kick @$$, but he ruined the whole sleeper, turned it into a rice rocket, sure its fast, but stupid as hell.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think they were not going for the sleeper factor ;) . Would expect a pink grand am to have a v8 under the hood. I just saw the supercharger :wtf: I think that was one of the early pics of the car.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
<cries for what was done to that car>

I love FWD cars with giant frickin' wings... It's bad enough what Pontiac puts on the GrandAms, that guy didn't need to add more cladding...

EDIT: Just noticed that it is indeed RWD. Still doesn't excuse the lack of taste...

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
I was a bit twitchy on what seemed like another ricer. Had 2 little civics trying to act big and bad, I was in the olds. They made the mistake of letting me get level with them at the light. On the launch, that Olds is damn strong. (Still driving my backup 99 Olds Cutlass.) They tried the ricer flyby on me twice. The bone stock olds was able to shut them down. Pretty sad that my lstock family sedan shut down a pair of ricers playing. Fart cans out the back, cut springs, etc. Was funny and sad at the same time.

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
Yup, the Cutlass has the little 3100, 3.1 L V6. 150 horse, 180 torque. :) Solid little car. :) (I call it the little 3.1, since it's the smallest motor in the house. Goes Olds 3.1, BMW 4.2, Caddy 4.6, and then Dodge via Cummins 6.0L) Funny part, the two end motors (small and large) are 6 Cyls.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts