Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In March of next year, I will be celebrating the second anniversary of owning a "V". In the time I've owned it, seen one other "V" on the road and I travel a thirty mile stretch of interstate 95 each work day.

So here I'm traveling down the hi-way and I look ahead in the right lane. I'm saying to myself, "man that looks a lot like an STS-V" (cruising at the posted speed limit), but it can't be. So the first thing I notice is the rear spoiler and then as I pass, I'm looking back at the classic "V" treatment front end. Hell of a good looking car in real life, but I didn't think they were out yet.:hmm:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Gotta agree with you there. The STS-V is beautiful and these things are rare. I'm up to 10 months now and I've seen only one other CTS-V and zero of any other V model. I actually saw an XLR (non-V) the other day for the first time.

Sometimes I fear low sales numbers could make Cadillac cancel the V program all together. That would be a shame.

I think the problem is no one expects this type o car from Cadillac, so when they go looking to buy an ultra-high performance luxury sedan, they just go blindly to AMG, S or M. Too bad really, but that will take time to change. I hope Cadillac is in it for the long run.

·
Registered
294 Posts
One other problem is the rear hop problem has given these cars a heck of a bad rap. On a BMW board I'm on, I was telling a guy that is looking for an M5 to test drive the V first. His answer - I hear that rear bangs around pretty bad. Second - then you buy Cadillac depreciation.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Geno said:
In March of next year, I will be celebrating the second anniversary of owning a "V". In the time I've owned it, seen one other "V" on the road and I travel a thirty mile stretch of interstate 95 each work day.

So here I'm traveling down the hi-way and I look ahead in the right lane. I'm saying to myself, "man that looks a lot like an STS-V" (cruising at the posted speed limit), but it can't be. So the first thing I notice is the rear spoiler and then as I pass, I'm looking back at the classic "V" treatment front end. Hell of a good looking car in real life, but I didn't think they were out yet.:hmm:
I saw one two months ago, but since I live in Michigan I just assumed it was an execs car...but, I had seen pictures, and got right up next to it (it was parked) and checked out the V badging. That was a sweet looking badass ride!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
753 Posts
You should notice the beatutiful, chromed SUPERCHARGED running down the doors quite easily. Did you see that or maybe just an STS with V badges? If so, probably one of the pre-production ones we have heard about, testing...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Production on the new 6 speed started a couple of days ago so the STS-V
is projected to be at dealerships the end of November.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dooman said:
You should notice the beatutiful, chromed SUPERCHARGED running down the doors quite easily. Did you see that or maybe just an STS with V badges? If so, probably one of the pre-production ones we have heard about, testing...
That's interesting. I did notice that the front fender did not have the SC emblem, but did have the euro side marker light. I did not think any American cars had the euro side lamps:hmm: .

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kadonny said:
Where on 95 do you run?
Down south between exit 41 and Richmond, VA. You probably won't see my "V" though, as I use it for vacations and sceneic drives on terrific days. It's only been in the rain once....the weather man lied.:thepan:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Geno said:
That's interesting. I did notice that the front fender did not have the SC emblem, but did have the euro side marker light. I did not think any American cars had the euro side lamps:hmm: .
I believe all the new STS cars have the european side marker lamps..??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Dooman