Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,477 Posts
I'm sure the STS-V can be had for $10k under MSRP after a few months...just like my CTS-V (MSRP @ $55k, bought for $45,600). The M5, on the other hand, will likely go for over MSRP for quite some time. That widens the gap a bit.

· Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,477 Posts
crowan said:
As you get more mature, you'll learn to differentiate between price and value. Whether it is a Ferrari F430, a V, or a Mini Cooper, people with "serious bank" buy what pleases them, not what might impress the peanut gallery.

CR
When I told my friends I had actually bought a Cadillac I was met with very surprised looks. They all own BMW, Lexus, MB, and Audis. They all thought I would purchase a more expensive 'nameplate' car just b/c I could afford it. I could tell that my friend who just bought a 545 was relieved that I had bought an 'inferior' car to his. He's one of those guys that wants to one-up you all the time. One of the greatest things for me about the v-series cars is the fact that it is sooo underrated by everyone. It puts a smile on my face each and every time I out-accelerate and out-handle a car that many other uninformed people deem to be superior.

I think it's great Cadillac is trying to bring about the V-series in each car in their lineup. Is the STS-V worth the extra money? I'm sure it will be to some and, ultimately, that's all that really matters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.