Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 199 Posts

· Registered
901 Posts
Leloz said:
This is like comparing the M3 to an M5.. which would you rather have?

I would take the M5 :thumbsup: ... or in this case the STS-V.
Except the M5 is definitely a better performer than the M3.

On the other hand the STS V is bigger, heavier, more comfortable suspension and a smaller displacement (yes I know it is SC) engine. Those aren't exactly the best things for performance. I forgot about the automatic.

It is very hard to justify paying $25k more for a few extra standard features that most people never would use otherwise.

Now $77k for a 7.0L Z06, that is worth it. But I guess it might not be modern enough for the STS V driver. (JK)

· Registered
901 Posts
Somehow, I would bet an 18 year old's "serious" bank is his parent's so actually he isn't worth sh!t. Once you can go out and earn enough money for any Caddy, let us know. Even if you "received" the money from someone else, that is not EARNING it.

$27k for useless options since that is basically the big difference between the two V's. At least the XLR V drivers can say their car is unique.

The CTS V set the standard and even though the STS V costs almost a GTO more, they haven't reached the CTS V's performance standards.

· Registered
901 Posts
People are assuming a lot about the STS V. It may wheel hop, shift lazily (it is aimed at the luxury driver) and it may have the rear end that was supposed to be made for the 69 less HP CTS V.

I wouldn't criticize CTS V drivers for being rude. A non CTS V driver did say that if we had "serious bank", we wouldn't have bought a CTS V. Unforntunately since he is 18, most of us probably have 3-4 times more "serious bank" then he does now.

Notice that most ************ didn't criticize the STS V. We just don't see paying $25k more for a car that has a few more useless options.

I wouldn't also comment about the reviews the CTS V got if I was a STS owner. Even the STS finished 6 out of 8 cars a few months back (the Malibu like interior was one reason).

And the CTS V has plenty of luxury. Please stay away from Corvettes and simiiar cars if you think the V is not luxurious. The rumble from the LS7 might give you guys a migrane headache while it'll give most ************ a bunch of smiles.

The performance quotes are almost a joke. First the STS V is a better performer car than the CTS V, until I mentioned the track. All of the sudden the STS V driver wouldn't go to the track so it doesn't matter. Then it all depends how the CTS V driver controls wheel hop. Which is it guys?

And yes the CTS V did kill the S4, even on British TV where they seem to be pro European.

The CTS V wasn't built to be like the Cadillac's before it. The CTS series has changed Cadillac around financially. I know I wouldn't have considered a Cadillac if it wasn't for the CTS.

C&D doesn't know crap about cars unless it says Toyota, Honda or Nissan on it. At least with the CTS V I don't have to worry about looking at another car from a different company that looks like my car.

· Registered
901 Posts
Many peeople are assuming they'll get a STS V for MSRP or less. I don't see that happening when they first come out.

The three Vs attract a different kind of customer. If given a choice, I would bet most ************ would buy a Z06 if they had to spend around $80k for a car.

People that don't think the CTS V should be a Caddy need to research V history. No matter how successful the STS V is, the CTS V already proved that an American car maker can beat the imports at their own game on and off the track and with "old" technology.

I'm personally not a fan of new techology. Pushrod engines have proven to be extremely reliable for 40+ years. The Northstar is a great engine but they have had their share of problems.

· Registered
901 Posts
I bought my CTS V because I have owned various European cars and was tired of waiting 5 days for essential parts and months for non essential parts. I also bought the CTS V because it doesn't look like anything else out there on the road. Cadillac needs some work but they are saving GM's butt right now. BMWs are fine cars, I would just never own one again. I would never buy from a company that dumps its cars (sell cheaper overseas then in the home market) when their own citizens can't afford the same car at the same price.

I wouldn't buy the STS V either (I would by a Z06 for that price) but I would buy it over any import at that price.

1 - 5 of 199 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.