Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm eligible for GMS and I'm holding out for a Z06. Which is the better value? An STS-V at $69,453 (gms) or a loaded Z06 for $59,806 (gms)? Just curious as to what you guys think, because to me, either the STS-V is overpriced or the Z is underpriced. I've already made my decision but I thought this would be a nice topic.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I'd go for the Z06 in a heartbeat myself, but the two are obviously VERY different cars and wouldn't normally be cross-shopped. My bet is, the Caddy will depreciate far faster than the Chevy so at least the Z06 will be the better investment.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
^^--What Katshot said.

I have no kids and a FWD beater ready for winter, so for me the Z06 wins by a landslide. If I did have a family, if I was older, and if I worked in real estate or any situation where I might need to carry people in comfort, I'd pick the V without question.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Z06 by a landslide...

Good luck getting a dealer to sell you one though. I just talked to a dealer that has sold everyone one that he has gotten in at 10k over sticker...

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't afford to not be patient. The market will cool just as it did for the C5 Z06. When it does, I'll be there. :lildevil:

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
CVP33 said:
OK, so I'm eligible for GMS and I'm holding out for a Z06. Which is the better value? An STS-V at $69,453 (gms) or a loaded Z06 for $59,806 (gms)? Just curious as to what you guys think, because to me, either the STS-V is overpriced or the Z is underpriced. I've already made my decision but I thought this would be a nice topic.
Are these supplier or employee discounts? Discount looks too high to be supplier (GMS) discount. I only got ~$3500 GMS discount off my 2004 V.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Yeah, Z06. If I had no kids to shuffle, the Z06 would already be mine.

So to elaborate on one of your points, which statment is more true?

1. The Z06 is underpriced
2. The STS-V is overpriced.

Interesting.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Kadonny said:
Yeah, Z06. If I had no kids to shuffle, the Z06 would already be mine.

So to elaborate on one of your points, which statment is more true?

1. The Z06 is underpriced
2. The STS-V is overpriced.

Interesting.
Hi Kadonny, I would say the STS V is priced right, 77 K for this car isnot overpriced when comparing it to the ones out of my country.

The 06Z06 is a car what runs 320 kph (200 mph) gets a real good gas mileage and is so much fun to drive. Compare it to all cars what runs over 200 mph and look at the price of these.

Price and Performance it`s unbeatable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Katshot said:
I'd go for the Z06 in a heartbeat myself, but the two are obviously VERY different cars and wouldn't normally be cross-shopped. My bet is, the Caddy will depreciate far faster than the Chevy so at least the Z06 will be the better investment.
I had the STS-V ordered; my wife has the '06 Z06 ordered. After hearing of the 6.0L engined V GM had at an auto show last summer, I cancelled my V order. I think, after driving an STS, the Z will be the better buy.

·
Banned
851 Posts

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
That vid is awesome. The Z06 really is a monster.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
andrew99eldorado said:
Yea that was a great video to see someone with an expensive car using it for what it was intended for and not just sitting in a garage.
iirc, Gallardo in that vid also had tubi exhaust and z06 was supposed to be stock

1 - 18 of 18 Posts