Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone still have Onstar enabled on their STS-V. is it needed or not. I find it could be a little redundant with the bluetooth Cell phone and nav unit. Are there any good promos running for that or the XM in the car? STS-V has digital onstar?

Thanks

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS
754 Posts
I kept mine for a few reasons. The phone helps when someone else is driving your car or if you forget your phone. The traffic and weather reports help on trips and I like to get the monthly emails from the car also for complete maintenance records. I have also found on a couple trips that the onstar phone will work even if my cell phone has no service. Digital=Yes.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I kept mine for a few reasons. The phone helps when someone else is driving your car or if you forget your phone. The traffic and weather reports help on trips and I like to get the monthly emails from the car also for complete maintenance records. I have also found on a couple trips that the onstar phone will work even if my cell phone has no service. Digital=Yes.

:yeah:

I haven't had to use the remote unlock services yet, but that's in the back of my mind as well.

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
I kept mine as well...the directions downloaded to the car is most useful since you can't access any of that on the nav while driving. The onstar phone, not only sounds better,works better that the bluetooth, as stated before it works in areas where the cell phone does not. I use onstr to do a diagnostic when my ses light is on or any other warning light. The monthy Onstar reports are vere handy and a good record of your accumulated mileage(good for ins co to prove that I only drive 7500 per year.
XM radio...have it on my car and truck..I never listen to fm anymore, don't have to carry a lot of cd's in the car. You can also listen to news,weather and sports from accross the country.

And what the hey, man...it's a Cadillac!...:thepan: As my wife says, we spent all of this money for this car with all the bells and whistles..."We're gonna' "Ring every bell and Blow every whistle!'":thumbsup::bouncy::worship::highfive:

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had onstar unlock my doors today when the guys cleaning my car locked my keys in it.
I didn't think locking keys in cars was possible anymore?

I dropped my keyfob in the trunk of my BMW 7 series and the trunk promptly re opened to let me know the fob was in there.

Chris

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
You can have the car alert you (three honks) that the FOB has been left in the car, but you can also lock the car with the FOB in it. Wouldn't it suck if you were in the car with it off and needed to lock the doors because someone was trying to get inside, but it kept unlocking them for you because the FOB was still inside the cabin :eek:

·
Registered
2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango) *SOLD*
140 Posts
Wouldn't it suck if you were in the car with it off and needed to lock the doors because someone was trying to get inside, but it kept unlocking them for you because the FOB was still inside the cabin :eek:
Depends if she's hot or not!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts