Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my quest for a low buck injector solution I stumbled across the STS / XLR V injectors.

They are LS6 length and EV6/USCAR connection. This is not a solution for most, but for those who are LS2 with a fast 92 intake it maybe a good solution for you.

To use the FAST 92 intake successfully with an LS2 you must purchase a fast 92 adapter cup kit to space the injectors out properly. Now that I'm heads and cam swapped, I need more fuel, but I could not justify spending an arm and a leg of a new set of aftermarket injectors.

By using these you don't need an adapter at all, but you must use the LS2 specific 15.5 mm O rings in the lower side.

They are rated to flow 48# at 58psi. Injector data is available and they seem easy to dial in, so I scored a set for cheap and had them cleaning and flow checked. They all flow equally, with little variance. This will not require any alterations to the stock fuel system.

The ones I scored were from a STS V prototype, so they have the cool prototype markings.

Anyway hope this helps someone in the future. They are plug and play, and $30 each on rock auto for a new set.

-Byron

Attachments

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,693 Posts
I confess that I don't even know what our factory injectors flow. But if I need more fuel, sounds like these would be a nice upgrade for me. Since I've got an LS6 it sounds like I would just need to use the appropriate o-ring, right? If they're LS6 length, I wouldn't have to worry about doing anything to the fuel rail.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I confess that I don't even know what our factory injectors flow. But if I need more fuel, sounds like these would be a nice upgrade for me. Since I've got an LS6 it sounds like I would just need to use the appropriate o-ring, right? If they're LS6 length, I wouldn't have to worry about doing anything to the fuel rail.
You would also need to change the electrical connection to use these fuel injectors.

This is more of a LS2 with Fast 92 solution. Part of the way to adapt the LS2 Injectors is by using rail spacers and cups that sit below the injectors to make up the space due to the length difference.

For ls6, they do sell adapter harnesses for the connection, but I don't know if I would recommend them over going to a injector with the same connection that is bigger.

For an LS6 guys have used the supercharged Buick Injectors for plug and play connection. But as I haven't used it myself, I cannot recommend it.

-Byron

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here you can see the height difference between the two injectors.

If anyone is adapting a fast 92 to an ls2 in the future, you want the FIC adapter cups that mount at the top of the injector vs the base mount style of the fast.

You will need the oval 1/2" rail spacers however.

Everything else lines up beautiful and is plug and play after tuning. My car runs much smoother now. And it pulls like a freight train.

-Byron

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Billfrombyron