Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amongst a bunch of performance oriented cars from GM being axed.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/08/more-gm-cuts-cadillac-sts-v-and-pontiac-g6-gxp-both-gone-for-20/

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts
Nothing new. The STS-V was already on the way out about 2 years ago. Remember it was to be replaced by the DTS/STS (DT7). It has nothing to do with the recession or any other cutbacks...

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Yeah we kinda knew 2009 was the last year. I saw the 2010 car listing for Cadillac last month and it just confirmed there was no STS-V there.

·
Registered
09 cts4 04 cts-v
258 Posts
so you guys think this car is going to be worth any thing in a few years or is it going to keep dropping like it is

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Most cars have to see periods of roughly 20 years before they're seen as "classics" I suspect like all of them it's value will continue to drop for several years to come.

·
Registered
Cadillac
354 Posts
You know, I'm gonna miss the STS-V. I spend most of my time in the STS-V forum because I enjoy the car so much. We've gotten to play with so many of them. Its sad to see it go :(

·
Registered
09 cts4 04 cts-v
258 Posts
I my self is use to having 2 cars a car to drive every day and a fun car ive had ls1 fbodys a c5 and a 03 cobra but this car so far is filling them all in one i guess a ctsv-2 is next to fill this

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
55 Posts
Same in my area; My dealer services 5 of them regularly.. Mine was the first Gray that graced their presence..
:thumbsup:
The first STS-V i'd ever seen in person was mine the day i drove in to pick it up.... made all of the arangements over the phone the week before and bought it sight unseen (didn't sign the papers until i inspected it of course). The only other one i've seen since then was at a car show I attended with some of the CTS-V guys in Scottsdale AZ. I like that i'm the only person that has one of these for many miles.... but i sure am skiddish having it worked on when i know more about the motor then the mechanic does. We take the good and the bad i guess.

I am also very saddened to see this amazing car go... The V2 forum seems to think that it was out done by the v2, but we know better... Yeah it's faster, but in my mind they are all still just hopped up catera's. It's just a different class.

Sorry for the ramble :)
Just my 2c

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
STS-V got no real media attention and most people think its a CTS-V anyway. Car people know the difference but I have been asked on more than on occasion how do I like my CTS-V.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts