Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used or know someone that has used a STS rear mount turbo on a 93 Allante?
Considering getting a kit mocked up with low boost, maybe 5 pounds.

·
Registered
Triple Yellow 88 Biarritz, 92 Allante, 05 STS
103 Posts
Not that I know of. It's fun to dream, but hopping up an Allante for performance is a waste of time and money IMO, you'd struggle to make it competitive. I'd get something more performance oriented if your looking to go fast and put turbos on, Camaro, corvette, mustang, etc.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
There is ONE turbocharged FWD Northstar in existence. Cost of building up the engine and transmission, all the custom fab work, and standalone engine management, was about $16,000. Good luck.

·
Registered
Triple Yellow 88 Biarritz, 92 Allante, 05 STS
103 Posts
Is that the pewter 2000ish STS one on youtube? yes that looks quick, and a lot of work. I'm surprised that it only cost $16k, looks like it would cost more than that to me.

·
Registered
Cadillac
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inherited this Allante. Just trying to make it a little more fun to drive. I was thinking of only around 3-5 pounds of boost. Engine was rebuilt with all new gaskets and seals 5 years ago. I own a Syclone, so I don't need this car to be fast, I just wanted it a little bit quicker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts