Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mornin' from Pensacola,
Since I crashed and burned on my '99 STS eBay deal in South Florida I picked up the pieces and started searching again for my first STS/SLS. Does anyone have the Seville with either the 'Adaptive Seat' option or the 'Lumbar Massage' option on their Sevilles? I just spent 24hrs with a local '01 SLS with the stock seats and my lower back is not happy(80K miles on the seats). I did not buy the car even though the test drive was great overall.

I am comparing the way my back felt (real good) after test driving an '05 STS with the 'Luxury Package'. Some owners on the Forum have suggested that any Seville with the '10 way adjustable seat' is the only way to go vs. the 8 way adjustable seat. I've downloaded the .pdf manual and studied the features but finding the right car/seat to buy is a helluva lot tougher than it sounds. Are the SLS seats and the STS seats identical for the '01-'03 model years? The pictures say yes. Thanks in advance.

JP

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pretty sure all seville seats, SLS or STS, are the same from '98 to '04. The adaptive package, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't available on SLS...at least not through '00 when I was selling them. If you weren't comfortable in the car you srove, the adaptive seats aren't going to make things feel any different. The feature is intended for use on long trips where the the 10 minute cycles of the automatic lumbar prevents lower back fatigue - hopefully. This is not a very common feature - in fact, any car that you find with the adaptive seats was a custom built vehicle, as this option was never a part of Cadillac's 'popular configurations' - thus none rolled off the assembly line with this feature unless someone was willing to wait for the car to be built.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I only picked up my 2000 STS last weekend.
But in that time I've done 1,000 miles in it, including over 500 in one day bringing the car home.
The key thing is to get the seat tilt and position and height of the lumbar adjustment set properly (which has taken me a week). Over time you seem to home in on the optimum position.
Bit like a kid in a candy store really, too many choices!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
[email protected]