Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 CDV, 98 Eldo, 06 STS, 11 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying my 4th Caddy and am looking at a couple of STSs. I've seen some discussions regarding the headbolt issues finally being resolved in 04, though most of the threads I saw were ~3-5 years old. Now that it is 10 years later, what is the verdict/general consensus on the latter year N*?

I also had some questions on this particular STS I'm looking at http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5064733422.html

Is it just me or did the fender vents get added 2008> ? Not used to seeing them on this era STS
That mesh grill..... was it an option on this model or is that an aftermarket job?

Anything else I should know about these last years of the STS?

Appreciate all the input

·
Registered
07 STS 1SG / 10 STS 1SG / 17 XTS
336 Posts
The headbolt issue is a non-issue, don't even give it another thought.

The side vents are aftermarket, held on with tape and can be removed easily. The mesh grill is also aftermarket, if you would like stock I would be willing to work a trade with you :yup:

That looks like a well taken care of car on the outside but an '05 with 120K should be under $10K.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS4 V6
99 Posts
I may have a different car, but, you may be able to get some ideas price wise:
One owner, 2006 STS V6 AWD 1SC 111,xxx miles bought at $8677

I saw the ad said two sets of rims - maybe you're paying for the second set, too? :)

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Caddiluck said:
I may have a different car, but, you may be able to get some ideas price wise: One owner, 2006 STS V6 AWD 1SC 111,xxx miles bought at $8677 I saw the ad said two sets of rims - maybe you're paying for the second set, too? :)
Or since it's a Vancouver craigslist it's probably in kilometers not miles...120000 km = 74600 miles...

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
Stick with the V8's, that's my advice. They're solid cars if they're taken care of. The optioned out models have adaptive cruise, heads up display, 15 speaker studio surround sound, cooled seats, Intellibeam (turns brights on and off automatically), among others.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
Aside from the poor rim choice (personal taste) it seems to be an OK looking car.
The photos aren't the best and the lack of inside shots can indicate the insides may be trashed.... So it wouldn't hurt to see it in person and find out if it is Miles or Kilometers (as the car was in Arizona they may not have flipped it to metric)

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Or since it's a Vancouver craigslist it's probably in kilometers not miles...120000 km = 74600 miles...
Also in CAN $ not US, so price is considerably lower. Having done import myself WATCH-OUT for any recalls. Run the VIN and make sure none are outstanding. You will also face stiff import duties/fees. My STSV was close to $1100 for import and transport fees from Vancouver BC to Seattle, WA..

·
Registered
83 CDV, 98 Eldo, 06 STS, 11 CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the discussion everybody.

Good to know the vents are likely stick ons and can be removed without much issue.
I too, am not interested in those aftermarket rims. At all.
I won't be exporting this back to the USA, so no worries there. Interestingly, I imported my Eldo USA>Canada and the cost was about the same as mentioned (~$1000)
It is curious with no interior photos and I will be sure to inspect it in person. I do think the price is a little long, unless it is real clean. No idea what those rims are worth, but if I make an offer it will be without those things haha.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
V8 is quite a b*tch to work on, just a heads up...
How so? - Try replacing the spark plugs in the V6 and then tell me it's easier than the V8...

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
The 2005 & up 4.6 V8 is a very strong engine. It seems to thrive on hard use, running better after spirited runs through the 'twisty turnies'.

Neither one of ours has needed much more than oil & filters for a combined 13 years & 120,000 miles. I guess I don't know if the V8 is hard to work on or not. Mine doesn't even use oil; I never add more than a pint over the full year it takes the OLM to reach 0% remaining, over 12,000 miles. My wife's car might burn a quart over the full duration of the OLM & she insists the 1 year rule is BS, taking about 18 months between changes.

I have a local guy do the changes. It's not worth my time for that $20 (I supply the Mobil1) and for another $20 he rotates the tires & checks the balance. My wife's tires get their checkup Spring & Fall, trading the Blizzaks for Conti DW's.

Correction - My 2006 did need the auxiliary water pump (HD cooling system) replaced under warranty about 4 or 5 years ago and in 2014 a leaky power steering hose needed replacement. That was covered by a CPO warranty extension plan with $100 per service to 8 years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts