Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Have a problem on a 93 sts......When I open the door with the key the lights start to flash and the horn sounds this goes on for 3 mins...is this because I am opening the door without the remote (which is not working) I have no problem starting the car and driving but when I stop and open the door I get the same problem over again...............

Can anyone help with this problem

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,084 Posts
When unlocking the door with the key, the theft deterrent system should be disarmed. Since it is not, maybe the switch is bad or the wiring is damaged. Sometimes the window going up and down can damage a wire if the wiring is not routed properly. Try unlocking the car from the passenger side and see if the theft deterrent system will disarm properly.

Max

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maximln said:
When unlocking the door with the key, the theft deterrent system should be disarmed. Since it is not, maybe the switch is bad or the wiring is damaged. Sometimes the window going up and down can damage a wire if the wiring is not routed properly. Try unlocking the car from the passenger side and see if the theft deterrent system will disarm properly.

Max
Thank you Maximln this is indeed the problem...alarm does not go off when opening the passenger door

Thanx again :bouncy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maximln said:
Does the system disarm when you unlock the driver's door with the key?

Max

No it is not disarming when using the key in the drivers door, only the passenger door

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,084 Posts
STS2NV said:
No it is not disarming when using the key in the drivers door, only the passenger door
Then there is definately a problem with the lock cylinder switch on the driver's door. Again, either the switch is bad or the wiring has become damaged.

Max

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just tapped the door lock cylinder switch for a remote start install. Remove the driver's door panel - it pretty easy just one screw and a bunch of electrical plugs. The wire you are looking for should be from a group coming from the cylinder. It is green and should be shorted to ground when the cylinder is in the unlock position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts