Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and was looking for anyone with experience or advice concerning a possible 1996 STS RWD conversion. My car has only 68,000 miles on it. I put it in storage last year while on a working transfer and when I got back mice had moved in and made a mess of the wiring. Insurance has since replaced all interior and trunk carpet etc.. and have re-wired all the bad spots they could find but the car is still not the same as it was. (it smells new)
I am now considering customizing it. I have already put on a body kit and smoothed out the antenna hole with metal on the rear fender. I have access to a new LS6 and would have to convert the car to a RWD.

What does anyone think of that?

415HP in my car would rock! Would the engine weight offset the increased HP. Is it possible? Could I use a corvette auto tranny as well.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Ray

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
To my knowledge its never been done. Not to say you couldnt do it..... Its been said over and over again here that the isuzu trooper tranny and rearend will bolt right up to the northstar with very minor mods....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
elwesso said:
To my knowledge its never been done. Not to say you couldnt do it..... Its been said over and over again here that the isuzu trooper tranny and rearend will bolt right up to the northstar with very minor mods....
What are the torque requirements of that combo... I am really wanting to put some serious hp and torque into it.

thanks,

ray

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Sorry, I couldnt tell you.... Do a search here, there has been another discussion about this very thing.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
elwesso