Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some new shots of my project car "Le Mans 2000 pace car". Wheel and tires are on the way but couldn't wait and so here it goes anyway! The front bumper was quite a task but it definitely paid off. Before you ask, yes we have the mold and if you need one let me know.

Once wheels arrive this car will debut as Car1 "pace car" in one of the local races. I will be uploading images and video clips of the event. More info is posted at the car's website www.sts-car1.com.

Regards,

Armand.-

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,044 Posts
Armand......looks good.......notice that CHRFAB offers the disclaimer that they do not offer parts or engines for GM factory cars or platforms. You may have a bit of a problem getting 550 hp out of a NA FWD Seville Northstar (an 82% increase.......).

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry friends, tried uploading images but my "tread tools" are not responding! I must have some security issues with my browser. I am trying to fix it but for now you may visit my car's website www.sts-car1.com to view new images.

Regards,

Armand.-

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have contacted them about our engine upgrade, lot of issues there! I'll just have to play as we go since I'm not strong in that department but rather rely on outstanding friends in the field that are in contact with chrfab. Had a similar situation with tranny they did a great job. We shall wait and see how we come out of this one!

Thanks!

·
The Last Good Gremlin
06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
2,654 Posts
Are the brake upgrades on the car yet?

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not going as fast as I'd like to! Ordered wheels and tires same as the original prototype, brakes will be next....!

Armand.-

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here is an original image of 1 of 5 STS prototypes built by GM which made their debut at the Le Mans 2000 international race as Car1 "Pace Car" Below follow some images of my project car replica.

Enjoy!

Armand.-

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have made a composite image featuring wheels and tires which are on the way but quite honestly couldn't wait to share this preview with you all. Learn more visiting my webpage www.sts-car1.com

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Slay, glad you like it...!

We didn't make changes to the lower body trim except for the front bumper fascia. We actually had to fabricate our own prototype bumper from which we made a mold. Using this mold we made my bumper and also one for slays which I can't wait to see installed on his beautiful STS!

Once I had installed my new bumper I was amazed to see what a huge impact it makes to the appearance changing completely the car's old personality into an exotic new car! I then realized no changes to the lower body was that important except for a desire to be true to the original design.

Now I'm buying a red & white leather interior 2000 STS which I'll upgrade with this bumper. I'm sure it will look fantastic!

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looking great Slay! I see you did go ahead and got that set of wheels...dramatic improvement! I think with the new bumper fascia it's going to be wild!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

We made 6 and sold 3, so 3 more are available @ $650.000. Sorry but when sold out that's it! I am happy some of you get to have one of these but workload is high and don't have the spare time required.

If interested send email to [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sell the mold? I had our professional fiberglass shop make a top quality production mold. Our workload is high so it will be a while before we can make more units. If you want to commercially produce and market this bumper you can have it for 5K. I'm sure many bumpers can be sold by implementing a clever marketing and sales program!

My company AeroDeck Engineering is very time consuming and I don't have the spare time for more. I build Boeing 737-NG flight simulators, from cockpits to hundreds of parts are fiberglass made daily.

If you'd like to visit our site go here: www.aerodeckengineering.com

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts