Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Which one would you prefer (not which one do you have which would you most desire)

• STS

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • ETC

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • SLS

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • ESC

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well ive got a 97 ETC my dad has a 98 STS. I like both cars. I like the Eldo better tho. I like 2 doors alot more that 4 doors they are a lil more sporty and me bein 19 and i use the car mainly to commute to and from school i didnt need 2 more doors. The coupe has plenty of room for me and i love the touring editions added power (and top end tehe). So i thought id get other ppls input.

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
I like the Seville better since it's a four door sedan. Even though it's a four door, it's more sporty than the Deville. I like the SLS better than the STS mainly because of the torque. The extra 25 horse... I could really care less about. There's also little diffences between the two that I prefer the SLS over the STS. When I bought my car, I had considered the Eldo, but I drive myself and alot of other people around, so I would need the extra room. Even if the room wasn't needed, I would still have gone with my SLS over an Eldo.

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
I like the ETC being a two door coupe, but for me a 4 door was more practicle, which is why I went with the STS. I do alot of highway driving, and frequently have more than two people in the car. I also went with the STS, because I like the firmer, more sporty ride that it has, and I do a lot of hgih speed driving.:shhh:

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I like the ETC, because it's a coupe. The 98+ STS is nice too, it just doesn't do it for me like the ETC does. I'll take the L37 over the LD8 any day as well. I like the 3.71 FDR as well since it'll hit overdrive in city driving at 40 on a level or downhill surface. If I were all about the highway driving I'd take an LD8.

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
I like 4 doors, and I like the ride of the deville, and the younger look of the seville = seville sls.

my sebring's got 2 doors, so i've got the best of both worlds. though the sebring is a WEAKLING compared to any caddy. but the ride on the sebring is extremely stiff, but not so bad you feel like your rump is dragging on the pavement.

though, if i ever got an eldo, i'd have to be the convertible chop job. :)

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
STS. I like the extra power that comes with the better engine and gearing. I also like the better ride.

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
Well I guess I'm just old for my age (at 30) because I would prefer the softer ride of the SLS vs. the STS and I have a 14 month old daughter so 4 doors is more practical when it comes to car seats so the Eldo is out (but if I could I'd get an SLS and an ETC or ESC would depend on which one was the better overall deal at the time, considering price, options, color, and mileage. Don't get me wrong I like the STS I think it's a VERY sharp ride but I'm getting out of my tear the pavement up street machine days and prefer more luxury and softer ride (that's why I got my DeVille D'Elegance). Seems like everyone has a DeVille but I see very few D'Elegances and even fewer with all the options (mine left the factory with everything but the moonroof and trunk organizer [well I don't think it had the organizer]. Granted a previous owner removed the phone and garage door opener these are easilly replaced as the car is already set up for them).

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
thu not to bash you, but the SLS has the more comfort ride. the STS is a stiffer suspension. I vot SLS, as i have one :D and for good reason. Plus, i like the SLS due to more chrome. Thoe only thing i like about a STS is the side moldings. But, im turning my SLS moldings into the STS with more chrome, that is :D My Vote SLS

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea you lose crome with the touring model but you dont have our nice wood grain interior package tho ha ha

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
yayaya, the only wood trim im missing is the console shift bezel. ima buy one though, for 60 bucks :D

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your only tryin to look the part my friend your major downfall is haveing a 275 hp motor thats governed at a 112 mph top speed. My ETC with its Z tire package and 300 hp is limited (or should i say unlimited) to 150 (thats the max the speedo reads)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hay Jonny5,

No problemo. I don't think you're bashing or anything. That's Cool.

Anyways, I like the stiff ride. I don't like the disconnected plushy ride. The firmer, the better. That's just my preference. :cool2:

I had 85 and 93 devilles with the cushy ride and I prefer the STS ride and handling soooo much better.

Would I like the SLS ride, too? Yah, I think so. I like all the Sevilles and Eldos.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Premium AWD CTS
710 Posts
If I had the money and the space I would like to have one of each type. Each and everyone is a good car, I guess Cadillac was trying to make a car that suites every type of person. I have a friend with an STS and I do like the way it drives but I am satisfied with my SLS it handles very well, especially on long trips. I am going to upgrade mine in the near future but am still debating on which one to get. But I have to say I am not disappointed on my SLS in anyway..

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
ETC1997......i dont speed.... so thats where the governer comes in handy. i had a 01 miata supercharged at 301 hp on a 1600 pound car. i ended up spending about $3000 in tickets. I have learned that speed only is fun till you crash....and you WILL eventually crash....my 2 cents. Does the STS ride like a Vette, like an '01 or later vette? The ones with magnetic suspensions. If so, thats the shit. I fell in love with caddys due to the fact it feels like a cloud. and the girls LOVE the cushy ride. But dont get me wrong, the SLS has MAJOR geddie up. im just not to concerned with the 150 mph top speed. just another fine i dont wanna pay. "Kill all the Lawyers, And Kill em Tonight"

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
BTW, the reason and only reason why i hate the eldo is the 2 door. Who wants mud on their leather when some dumbass is climbing in the back? Not I. But they look bad as all hell

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Jonny5 said:
...the girls LOVE the cushy ride.
The girls who get in my '93 Deville note the bouncy ride and they seem to like it.
Jonny5 said:
"Kill all the Lawyers, And Kill em Tonight"
I love it! Tonight isn't soon enough. How about TODAY?

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol the only time ppl are in the backseat is when me and my date are "watching movies" on my Jensen Flip Screen Head unit. I never have anyone in the back. As for speeding im commin of a Trans-AM so the pedal to the medal influance is still in my blood. I just like the fact my car can go that fast. It seems really stupid to have that much power be limited for "Tire Purposes" if you bought an SLS and put Z rated tires you should be able to adjust the gov. Just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 25 Posts