Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 STS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot for the life of me get my navigation system to verbally give me directions for turns and intersections, how do you activate this feature? I have such frustration with this thing I usually just plug in my garmin.

Give me some tips please.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
35 Posts
Push the voice key and after the beep, say "Navigation Voice Guidance" or "Navigation Voice Guidance On". You can also get to it through the GPS --> menu --> and find volume. Yours is probably set to off. I usually set mine on either 1 or 2 if I want directions. Beware though, you're going to hear a lot of "continue on current route" and other nonsense.

·
Registered
2006 STS V
9 Posts
I cannot for the life of me get my navigation system to verbally give me directions for turns and intersections, how do you activate this feature? I have such frustration with this thing I usually just plug in my garmin.
Be careful what you wish for. The nav sytem in my STS V, even with an updated disk is pathetic. It can't find buildings and houses that have been in Tampa for generations.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
209 Posts
hey another Tampa STS-V, you have Hp tuners? Also the verbal sucks hard on these cars, I sell Fords new and hands down Sync destroys all GM products. Just saying. I love my cadi but I have the fact theres even a Verbal button there.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,182 Posts
hey another Tampa STS-V, you have Hp tuners? Also the verbal sucks hard on these cars, I sell Fords new and hands down Sync destroys all GM products. Just saying. I love my cadi but I have the fact theres even a Verbal button there.
Seriously? All my company's work vehicles are Fords, several of them have Sync, and it SUCKS. I have to repeat myself multiple times and often STILL end up calling the wrong person anyway. From my experience, Sync is just like EVERYONE ELSE's voice recognition...worthless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts