Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
was on hunington and my friend in his late 90s integra with some mods wants to race me! Im like sure..now this is the same guy that tryed to race me in his sentra.....anyway, light turns green and we start off slow, not launching and seconds later we both gun it...was gone in about 2 seconds got at least 5-6 car lengths ahead...hit 90 and backed down...I get back to about 60 and i look into my rear and i see hes coming up real fast, i gun it again, well lets just say that he never had a chance in the first place....anyways couple weeks back im crusing down main the same street (hunington) and i notice a early 90s model firebird...black one, kinda lookied like KITT... was going faster than the rest of the crowd so i play along and past him doing about 90mph while hes at 70+... anyway we end up side by side on a stop and im reving my engine like there was no tomorrow! Green..both launch hard and the firebird instanly grabs half a car, i hang on this guy up until 45mph and startt o walk, but because sum ******* in the firebird's lane turns right in to mine,i slam the brakes...turn right and catch up to the firebird on the next light...he talks trash and says his car is stock (obviously it isnt! icould hear the damncorsa' in the rear of his car) and my shit is slow blah blah blah.. and i explain and he doesnt buy it...so this guy two lanes to the right of me in a focus rolls down his window and flashes a badge and yells "DONT EVER TRY THAT SHIT AGAIN, you understand?" exact words.."SOMEONE COULD GET FU*KIN HURT!" i roll up my window in total embarrassment and walk away with my tail between my ass

·
Registered
253 Posts
:mad: Friggin cops. They're never around when you need them, but they're always around when you don't want them. They tell me in the old days if you saw a cop and you weren't doing anything, you felt safe. Nowadays if you see a cop you just feel watched. You should have told him to shut his hole and mind his business unless he's got a radar gun or police radio in his Focus. Then, you should have complimented his wife on her wonderful taste in automobiles :D (13 various recalls in 2000 alone). He might still be able to fix things so that you get a ticket, but to be honest, I would have taken that ticket just to humiliate him. ;) You could always say you didn't think the badge was real. If your lawyer's halfway decent he'll get you off.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Keep showin those people what a cad can do! but be carefull!

As far as cops, you found an ego man. He will break the law any way he sees fit as long as it benefits him, but you cant.... I know the type all to well.. The self ritious type, the typical applicant for the police department :( Good job in pushing his buttons.. More need to be pushed to show their true colors. He should have never showed you his badge. That is just wrong and it shows how easy he can go to extremes over nothing... A problem waiting to happen...

With police in general, we do have a problem.... It just gets worse all the time and people are accepting it more and more... Most police departments have gone from "protect and serve" to the "self serving" level in this county. Its a complete abuse of government backed by an ego, better than thou mentality as seen above. It just gets worse all the time and in big cities, I dont see why people are not up in arms in the streets over these issues. We would have been 30 years ago.. I guess the TV has programmed us younger generations to submit to what they tell us...

Where I live, to police are too "busy" to handle basic things like alarm calls, etc, so we have a private secutiry company for that. These are the real police and the guys that have my respect.. The "other" police definatly have the time to sit at Ihop, cause accedents and deaths in childlish police chases over petty things... Again, backed by the media with shows like "police chases", then when they are done having their fun with that, they sure can find the time to get out and shoot a little radar, grab some easy money, while claiming they dont have time to answer my alarm at my shop when someone really breaks in....

I dont want to get off the subject and dont mean to rant, but the police in geraral in most major towns do nothing but serve their own needs at the expense of the citizens and usually in the name of easy money like speed traps, etc and claiming they dont have time to handle the needs of possible break ins, etc for alarm issues. They say the crime on the streets are taking up all their precious time... I guess what they are saying is petty traffic is the crime, and that is the important stuff that needs to be handled over the people. If you did have a break in, dont expect them to show up any time soon, and their arrival usually comes with an exceptional attitude....

I have learned a trick that will get them out every time though... This works right up there as its played off their ego mentality but it has a down side... All you have to say is "I think they had a gun".... They cops are very willing to take shots at people in the name of "my safety" and someone and will be right out with guns a blazing! Just better duck as its shoot first and then ask questions later... I had one "cop" get spooked and blew out my wall and window at the shop shooting in the dark at nothing.... Guess who had to fix it... Not the police.... The security guys came out and solved the crime though.....

I sure hope there will be a change one day as I have lost respect for most cops, and there is an underlying dislike that gets worse every day from very respectable people who wont speak about it on record from the PC mentality I guess. I have seen very nice people hurt/killed in petty police ego stupidity in my life and thus my rant for this and my knowledge of these situations. This is sad situation that I follow quite alot.

beemer2k said:
:mad: Friggin cops. They're never around when you need them, but they're always around when you don't want them. They tell me in the old days if you saw a cop and you weren't doing anything, you felt safe. Nowadays if you see a cop you just feel watched. You should have told him to shut his hole and mind his business unless he's got a radar gun or police radio in his Focus. Then, you should have complimented his wife on her wonderful taste in automobiles :D (13 various recalls in 2000 alone). He might still be able to fix things so that you get a ticket, but to be honest, I would have taken that ticket just to humiliate him. ;) You could always say you didn't think the badge was real. If your lawyer's halfway decent he'll get you off.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
"So Cali to Michigan to Texas... It seems cops are the same everywhere in this country"
- Beemer2k

Especially in downtown Milwaukee at bar closing time...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tru504187211 said:
"So Cali to Michigan to Texas... It seems cops are the same everywhere in this country"
- Beemer2k

Especially in downtown Milwaukee at bar closing time...

after yelling at me and the other driver, he rolls up his window and starts to stretch out his neck and arms...seriously! I felt his power, and to be honest I felt controlled :crying2:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Damn Cops!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mikethegreeat said:
was on hunington and my friend in his late 90s integra with some mods wants to race me! Im like sure..now this is the same guy that tryed to race me in his sentra.....anyway, light turns green and we start off slow, not launching and seconds later we both gun it...was gone in about 2 seconds got at least 5-6 car lengths ahead...hit 90 and backed down...I get back to about 60 and i look into my rear and i see hes coming up real fast, i gun it again, well lets just say that he never had a chance in the first place....anyways couple weeks back im crusing down main the same street (hunington) and i notice a early 90s model firebird...black one, kinda lookied like KITT... was going faster than the rest of the crowd so i play along and past him doing about 90mph while hes at 70+... anyway we end up side by side on a stop and im reving my engine like there was no tomorrow! Green..both launch hard and the firebird instanly grabs half a car, i hang on this guy up until 45mph and startt o walk, but because sum ******* in the firebird's lane turns right in to mine,i slam the brakes...turn right and catch up to the firebird on the next light...he talks trash and says his car is stock (obviously it isnt! icould hear the damncorsa' in the rear of his car) and my shit is slow blah blah blah.. and i explain and he doesnt buy it...so this guy two lanes to the right of me in a focus rolls down his window and flashes a badge and yells "DONT EVER TRY THAT SHIT AGAIN, you understand?" exact words.."SOMEONE COULD GET FU*KIN HURT!" i roll up my window in total embarrassment and walk away with my tail between my ass
Damn..caught by a undercover cop

·
Registered
206 Posts
sure......

·
Registered
206 Posts
I always thought women and cars go together....

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Ok, who wants to get a hold of 156's wife and let her know he posted that pic of her up? Kinda makes me curious as to what other pics that cop has of his woman. *snicker* Just teasing you man, don't have all the cops down here hunt for me. (Thankfully the caddy is tucked away in the garage, and the alternate vehicle is non-descript) :p

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mikethegreat.I wish I could bring the Deville to SoCali and stomp your STS;)Wife knows about pic......Fast cars Fast Women

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ultra......Who died and made you the Wise one.Childish Police Chases.....I think your a closet wannabe cop....probably tried to get hired and failed.Look at the latest "7 kids die in chase" more than likely lack of parental envolvement and blame police. maybe you should do your job and let the police do theirs...if your house burns.hate the fireman.if you dislike the police so much .don't call 911.don't ever call.you handle it all. your probaly a person that calls all the time for bullshit. We see alot of you guys on the street. What do you do for a living? Are you a Lawyer....You Probably got you ass beat by the cops once or beat your wife,drunk driver,what is it. did the cops arrest daddy when you were little.....Don'T watch cop shows...get some professional help. Don't dislike people for the job they choose. Your probably just a guy who knows it all,seen it all,done it all........

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mikethegreeat said:
Racing on a public street with other innocent drivers driving is wrong (read the sticky post). I'm sorry, but the cop was right. You're lucky it was a warning.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shaggygrosser said:
Racing on a public street with other innocent drivers driving is wrong (read the sticky post). I'm sorry, but the cop was right. You're lucky it was a warning.
what ever you say mother... :cookoo:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Mike, I'm a street racer admittedly, but I have rules to it. It sounds like you were doing this in a populated or busy area. One of my rules broken... If it was a deader area than it sounds though, I wont come down too hard on ya. Though should try to keep as few people around as possible for races. Less chance of one of them carrying a badge.

Though street racing doesn't hold quite the thrill for me anymore... My hook is Autocross now. :) Amusing to watch my big caddy boddy rolling round the course, and yet still standing up to cars 1000 lbs lighter, and a lot more agile. Plus, with autox, your driving skill comes more into play than in drags. Nothing against drag racing, but AutoX is a LOT harder. (Though with some of the extreme drag cars, I have a feeling launching would be tougher.)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
shaggygrosser said:
God help whoever you hurt or kill in a future illegal street race.
**** you man

That hurts. it's not like I go out every weekend and look for ****ing racers you know. I know how and when to control my need for speed all right jackass.

I'm not your typical dumbass street racer.

These stories I’ve posted were merely spur of the moment type things, for fun get it? I love my car and what its capable of doing.

FYI this is an automotive enthusiast web site, here to have fun.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
14 Participants
Mikethegreeat