Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A lot of negative stuff on this forum lately. I totally disagree. I have a 2005 1SG with performance package and every option except AWD with 5000 miles. This car simply kicks ass as well it should for a $64k list. The positives are:

Northstar engine and acceleration are great

Bose 5.1 surround sound with 15 speakers is magnificent

Bluetooth works very well with my Motorola RAZR

Car is drop dead gorgeous in diamond white with 18" 9 spoke wheels (pinstriping really is a must on this car)

Very quiet ride

Excellent seats with lumbar support that adjusts up and down as well as in and out.

Magnetic Ride Control

Very smooth transmission with nice manual shift option

Very comfortable ride for a sport sedan

I have had no major problems. Dealer fixed my squeaking brakes at 5000 mile service. We all know that VR is a little quirky - I just use it for phone commands and it works fairly well.

I looked at M-45, Acura RL, GS-430, BMW and a VW Phaeton before finding the STS. The STS smokes all of them. I have owned 3 Lexus LS400s and most recently an LS430, all of which were totally boring in styling and driving. The STS is simply the best.

·
Registered
'06 STS V8 RWD - Black Raven/Cashmere - no ACC
316 Posts
That's something we really want to hear... although mine is only 1000 miles, I feel WOW.. amazing... Thanks god

I read a lot here about rattles, shocks and stuff... well, we have the worst streets ever in our country, you can't even find a flat street anywhere in here... bumps every where... So, I drove these 1000 miles over these bumps (some are BIG), the car seems very solid... I can't hear any rattles... I don't know if it is only a problem with the american standard STS.. mine is european standard... (chrome taillight, electronic mirror folding, etc.)

Man everywhere I drive my car all people are staring like they never seen a car before... the front headlights, the black color (mine :D), the rear chrome lights... very attractive... I don't ever get this while driving E-Class, 5-series, GS, A6, M... STS is a whole different thing if it comes to style

I'm very satisfied... this is my first caddy.. if everything goes allright, my next car for sure will be another caddy...

Ah one more thing... interior material are not up to the Audi, BMW, Benz standard... and this is the point all reviews are mentioning about Cadillac

All what i'm gonna say is... If Cadillac improves their interior material quality to be up to the germany standard, say a big BYE BYE to Merc, BMW, AUDI...

It is better in performance, Specs, Technology, Comfort than all European cars at the same price... They are equal in safety... moreover, recent reliability tests shows that Cadillac is better than BMW, Mercedes, Audis at similar price.. You can find this in consumerreports.org

here is the list as mentioned in the website:

(first is the most reliable, last is the least reliable)

1. Lexus GS300/GS430
2. Infiniti M35/M45
3. Lexus LS430
4. Volvo S80 (AWD)
5. Volvo S80 (FWD)
6. Acura RL
7. Cadillac STS
8. BMW 5 Series (6-cyl.)
9. Audi A6 (V6)
10. Jaguar XJ Series
11. BMW 7 Series
12. Audi A8
13. BMW 5 Series (V8)
14. Mercedes-Benz S-Class
15. Mercedes-Benz E-Class
16. Jaguar S-Type (-121%)

Sorry I talked too much :D... have a nice day

·
Registered
06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra
517 Posts
I think it really is the dichotomy and subsequent benefits of sites like these and our change in information management as a whole that helps us all.

As I have said here several times I really want to "LOVE" my STS. I enjoy it immensely and do not wish to lose or change it overall. I do however have issues and I am working diligently to solve them (I just got it back yesterday after "another" 8 days at the dealer with no fix...).

Regardless I post here to help others as I can, to learn what I do not know, and to share with others who are so very fortunate to be able to even consider affording a vehicle of this caliber. Go figure that I would be talking window film with a guy in Saudi or GPS with someone in Beirut because of this site...

Tonight I took my Father-in-Law for his first drive in it. Of course as is usual of late I had some electronic probs (Seat memory and such) however he was in utter awe of the vehicle and raved about it overall. To think he appreciates what I can have and he can't causes us each to respect the other all the more for the lives we have led and lead.

You can spend more, you can spend less, but if you have it, and spent it on an STS you at least have something to be happy about and hopefully the car just adds to it...

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
AscariSTS,
So far I believe you are 100% correct in your opinions in regard to the STS. While I agree that interior materials are not up to Audi's levels, over here in the States the STS4 sells for about $10,000 less than a comparable A6 Quattro and about $20,000 less than an E500 4matic. I'm sure that they charge you a bit more overseas than we pay over here for a STS.

Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey I'm glad you like your STS over the Lexus. I am always rooting for Cadillac. I own an LS430, black on black on black tint :cool2: with sport 18 rims and euro grills and it draws ALOT of attention and compliments so I beg to differ on the boring look. I think the LS just looks more expensive and classier than the current STS. I had the previous style 98 STS and I've never completely grown to love the current style STS and there is still little leg room in the rear!! But if I ever got one, your color and wheel combo would be the one I'd get. But I'd never pay $65K for a Caddy when the resale value will plummet in a year or 2.
I plan on keeping the LS430 for a couple more years. It has been problem free ever since I've gotten it. The new LS460 will come out late next year and I predict it will be the luxury car of year. Check out these pics. I think they are stunning !!!

Attachments

·
Banned
851 Posts
JLaws said:
Hey I'm glad you like your STS over the Lexus. I am always rooting for Cadillac. I own an LS430, black on black on black tint :cool2: with sport 18 rims and euro grills and it draws ALOT of attention and compliments so I beg to differ on the boring look. I think the LS just looks more expensive and classier than the current STS. I had the previous style 98 STS and I've never completely grown to love the current style STS and there is still little leg room in the rear!! But if I ever got one, your color and wheel combo would be the one I'd get. But I'd never pay $65K for a Caddy when the resale value will plummet in a year or 2.
I plan on keeping the LS430 for a couple more years. It has been problem free ever since I've gotten it. The new LS460 will come out late next year and I predict it will be the luxury car of year. Check out these pics. I think they are stunning !!!
Hi JLaws,
stunning??? put the BMW 5 series grill on front and you`ll se a 5 series BMW.

They should not copy this car and make a LS460 out of it!

I go for a V, should be available here in Germany by June 2006

Harry

·
Registered
11 Posts
JLaws said:
I just think it comes down to personal taste. My STS is the first Caddy I've owned and I love it. I just feel great in the car. It handles well, looks awesom, and the accelaration is second to none. The only problem I have had is I got a ticket the other day for doing 81 MPH. I did not even notice that I was traveling that fast. I could've been doing 110, the car just maintains it's stability and isolates you from everything outside. Best car I've owned yet.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade, 2017 CTS V
150 Posts
My STS has no problems as well. I have 1sg with awd drive and for a car it's great in the snow and the handling is superb. I drive my STS fast all the time and never heard a rattle or shake.It is a fabulous car. I love both my Cadillac's that are trouble free but I do think the posts of people having trouble with their cars is beneficial to me so I know want to look for to make sure my car doesn't have troubles with it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car I was really considering the most before I chose the STS is the Infiniti M45. I was just reviewing the M45 forum at Edmunds and came accross this enlightening post. There is no perfect vehicle except maybe the perfectly boring LS430.

"This forum is a helpful summary of issues with the M. My question is how do we know when changes are made at the factory so the new cars will not have these issues: 1. speaker static/replacement woes 2. moonroof rattle 3. exhaust heat shield noise 4. moonroof motor and rails issues 5. loose driver’s seat/noise 6. headlights aimed low 7. door seal wears out early 8. XM truncation 9. Bose sound issues ?head unit cheap? (whatever a head unit is) 10. Rear seat rattle/arm rest 11. Inadequate seat cooling 12. Bluetooth phone link inactive when not on a call and poor sound quality 13. Part availability issues 14. Steering wheel click 15. Poor gas mileage Specifically with the moonroof,driver's seat motion and the exhaust noise, once a TSB has been issued, can we assume the factory is making changes in production?

Apparentlythey also have lots of VR problems too.
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/[email protected]@.ef7e94d/284,

·
Registered
'06 STS V8 RWD - Black Raven/Cashmere - no ACC
316 Posts
Bernster said:
The car I was really considering the most before I chose the STS is the Infiniti M45. I was just reviewing the M45 forum at Edmunds and came accross this enlightening post. There is no perfect vehicle except maybe the perfectly boring LS430.

"This forum is a helpful summary of issues with the M. My question is how do we know when changes are made at the factory so the new cars will not have these issues: 1. speaker static/replacement woes 2. moonroof rattle 3. exhaust heat shield noise 4. moonroof motor and rails issues 5. loose driver’s seat/noise 6. headlights aimed low 7. door seal wears out early 8. XM truncation 9. Bose sound issues ?head unit cheap? (whatever a head unit is) 10. Rear seat rattle/arm rest 11. Inadequate seat cooling 12. Bluetooth phone link inactive when not on a call and poor sound quality 13. Part availability issues 14. Steering wheel click 15. Poor gas mileage Specifically with the moonroof,driver's seat motion and the exhaust noise, once a TSB has been issued, can we assume the factory is making changes in production?

Apparentlythey also have lots of VR problems too.
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/[email protected]@.ef7e94d/284,

I like Infiniti M45... You don't feel like driving a Japanese lexus-like boring car... It feels great.. Not better than STS.. But more than expected

It's also better in some points like:

1- interior material quality is good
2- better reliability
3- Can play WMA files :D

That's it I believe...

STS is better in:

1- Remote Start :D :D :D
2- Steering Wheels looks and feels the BEST
3- TV... (I don't think M has TV broadcast :confused: ,, or maybe it has.. not sure)
4- Headlights illumination range with Xenon is WOW.. I can see VERY VERY VERY FAR OBJECTS with no problems (Infiniti's are not good)
5- Magnetic Ride control... hehehe WOW

Oh yeah.. one more thing... it looks much better than M... you get more stares from people

·
Registered
STS 4.6 V8 2005/6
36 Posts
V8 - fully loaded - since july 2005 - great car also on german highways
i love to use the power and hear the perfect sound.
patrick germany

1 - 12 of 12 Posts