Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing this out there...

there are lots of bad ass pictures of the sts out there. I'm a big fan. I got an 07 Cadillac STS RWD Northstar. I've been looking around on youtube and streetfire.net but all i can seem to find is highlights and features videos. A couple of people have different videos of the various exhausts available for the vehicle (primarily borla and corsa).

Anyways, thought i'ld throw this out there in hope that somebody else would have more to contribute and help change the image of the STS from an old man's car to a successful man's luxury sport sedan. (i'm 23)

Anyways check it out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=68r7tz5wpco

if the link doesnt work, search youtube for "cadillac sts burnout"

I'll try to throw some other stuff up there again soon.

On a side note... does anybody have the corsa exaust and does it have a good balance? tone and no drone?

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I was a kid, most vehicles that poured out that kind of smoke were used for killing mosquitos. We would ride behind them on our bikes. I wonder which is more toxic, DDT or STS tire smoke? :bulging:

·
Registered
2008 CTS
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank god for leases ;) PEP leases are the best deals ever

Note: if you want to do smokey burnouts, swing by discount tire and go to their 'used' tires section. picked up a set of crappy but hard compound eagle rs-a tires for 40 w/ mount! Best 40 bucks i ever burned (literally) :)

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF
52 Posts
Awesome! I love doing burnouts in cars that are not normally associated with typical smokey burnouts.

I uploaded one of my wife's 2003 Yukon here: www.youtube.com/yukonsneaky (there's 19 of my vids on there, scoll down to 'yukon burnout').

Enjoy.... :)

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
912 Posts
Gentlemen and little kids - what a waste of money. This stress on the rear end and tranny, not to mention waste of tire, gas, and money and increase in pollution is amazing. Alright, I am not a prude. I use to smoke $10.00 a tire Goodyear snow tires on my Buick Roadmaster-powered Ford wagon - in 1963 when gas was $.30 a gallon and cops hated us street racers. But now, I work my tail off for my bucks and I spend it on a fine, 'spensive, respectable machine with some guts to perform on the freeway when called for, but smokin' the tyres is just plain DUMB! Not to mention a safety hazard. (y' old prude, yeah). :gg:

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
ok so then i get this
its ok for you to do it back then
but its not ok now
we pay for our tires and cars just like you
but due to a time difference its not ok?
double standard much?
or should i just say hypocrite

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
The guy in the car smokin' the tires says to himself, "Man I'm way cool". The audience is sayin', "What a friggen idiot". The dealer service manager is sayin', Here's my boat payment".

When I was young I focused my efforts on impressing the smartest people around with my good judgement not demonstrating my stupidity to the dumbest.

·
Registered
Nitrous03DHS,AJtune,Corsa,Volant,3.71s,Grille,tinted,stall'd
305 Posts
Sweeet. Come on guys, you see kids in F-bodies and Mustangs smoking the tires anywhere. You gotta admit seeing a Cady boil the back tires is rare and for that reason it is kinda cool. Now I'm no spring chicken but I'm also not a grandpa. I don't do the crazy shit I did as a kid but still think it's kinda cool to see a Cady boil the tires. You just never see that. If the kid was in a 5 slo, ya I'd be saying come on already, but watching the Cady do it was kinda cool. You just never see it.

·
Registered
05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)
960 Posts
I love seeing younger guys like myself loving the STS. I am not really into smoking the tires, but I appreciate the enthusiasm.

I feel like a million bucks each and every morning I touch the Tuscany leather, listen to the 15 speakers, and drive to work. I cannot wait until Cadillac developes a 7 series competitor.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts