Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was.looking at a 2WD. But it has electrical issues so now considering an AWD.

Are the AWD problematic or is it a solid design with the 3.6 2008 and up models ?

Also how much does gas mileage suffer ?
 

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS, Former 09 STS and 07 CTS
Joined
·
222 Posts
AWD not bad in before 1badcadsts says the 3.6 is rubbish. I did test drive the 3.6 with the AWD and was not a fan of it thought it was underpowered, I like the 3.6 with RWD it behaves a lot better and feels like I have the power. no real difference in gas mileage between AWD and RWD
 

·
Registered
2005 cadillac STS AWD 1SG
Joined
·
531 Posts
awd or rwd doesn't effect on reliability.
awd in sts is mechanical only, without any electronic modules.
 

·
Registered
05 STS4
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
AWD not bad in before 1badcadsts says the 3.6 is rubbish. I did test drive the 3.6 with the AWD and was not a fan of it thought it was underpowered, I like the 3.6 with RWD it behaves a lot better and feels like I have the power. no real difference in gas mileage between AWD and RWD
I don't say its rubbish... I say its an oil drinking timing chain jumping PIG... Oh so does GM for that matter, they just weren't nice enough to include every 3.6 so sorry 05-06 and 10+ owners... you're screwed.

#11340C: Special Coverage Adjustment - Timing Chain Wear - (Nov 5, 2012)
Subject: 11340C – Special Coverage Adjustment — Timing Chain Wear


Models: 2009 Buick Enclave
2007-2009 Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
2007 GMC Acadia
2009 GMC Acadia
2007 Saturn OUTLOOK
2009 Saturn OUTLOOK
Equipped with 2.8L/3.6L Engine (LP1/LY7/LLT)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Additional vehicles have been added to this Special Coverage. The service procedure has been revised to include reprogramming of the ECM, if applicable. If a vehicle is presented and the timing chain replacement is not required, dealers are to reprogram the ECM if it has not already been reprogrammed. See the service procedure for details. This reprogramming is covered under this Special Coverage. Please discard all copies of bulletin 11340B, issued July 2012.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ConditionOn some 2007 model year GMC Acadia and Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac CTS, SRX, and STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles that are equipped with a 2.8L/3.6L V6 engine (LP1/LY7/LLT), under certain driving conditions, and with the vehicle's original oil change intervals, the timing chain could wear prematurely and cause the illumination of the Service Engine Soon light.


Special Coverage AdjustmentThis special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.


Dealers are to replace the timing chain. If a customer brings their vehicle to the dealership and it is determined that the timing chain does not require replacement, dealers are to reprogram the ECM with updated software, if applicable. Refer to the Service Procedure contained in this bulletin to determine if reprogramming is required. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.


For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after February 17, 2012, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to February 17, 2012, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.


Vehicles Involved Involved are certain 2007 model year GMC Acadia and Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac CTS, SRX, and STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles that are equipped with a 2.8L/3.6L V6 engine (LP1/LY7/LLT).


Important: Dealers are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using the Applicable Warranties section in the Global Warranty Management System.





It should be noted this "TSB" was issues after the TSB that was issued to dealers to CHANGE the oil life monitor algorithm to LOWER the oil life monitor and reduce the "life" of the oil so owners were more likely to service it and notice a low oil situation before oil deprivation stretched the timing chains.....


Date: 02/09/2011
Subject: 10287 - Customer Satisfaction Program - Premature Timing Chain Wear - Reprogram ECM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS2552
URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY

Date: February 9, 2010

Subject: 10287 - Customer Satisfaction Program
Premature Timing Chain Wear - Reprogram ECM

Models: 2007 GMC Acadia, Saturn OUTLOOK
2007-09 Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS
2009 Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, Saturn OUTLOOK Equipped with a HFV6 Engine

To: All GM Dealers

Attention: General Manager, Service Manager, Parts Manager,
Used Vehicle Sales Manager, and Warranty Administrator

General Motors is announcing Customer Satisfaction Program 10287 today. The total number of U.S. vehicles involved is approximately 383,000. Please see the attached bulletin for details.

Due to the availability of the required calibration, this program will be administered in phases. The first phase will include the Cadillac vehicles. You will be notified when the calibration and VINs are being released for the remainder of the vehicles.

Customer Letter Mailing

The customer letter mailing will begin on February 15, 2011, for Cadillac customers.

Global Connect (GWM)

The "Investigate Vehicle History" (GMVIS 2) link on the Global Warranty Management (GWM) application within GlobalConnect will be updated February 9, 2011, with Cadillac VINs.

Campaign Initiation Detail Report (CIDR)

The CIDR will be available February 11, 2011, for the Cadillac vehicles.


END OF MESSAGE

GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message Attachment(s):
10287 bulletin.pdf Acrobat PDF (77.17KB) 10287


CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM
SUBJECT: Premature Timing Chain Wear – Reprogram Engine Control Module
MODELS: 2009 Buick Enclave
2007-2009 Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
2007 GMC Acadia
2009 GMC Acadia
2007 Saturn OUTLOOK
2009 Saturn OUTLOOK
Equipped with HFV6 Engine

Due to the availability of the required calibration, this program is being administered in
phases. This first phase will include the Cadillac vehicles only. You will receive a dealer
message when the calibration and VINs are being released for the remainder of the
vehicles.

THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL FEBRUARY 28, 2013.

CONDITION
On certain 2007 model year GMC Acadia; Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac
CTS, SRX, STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave; Chevrolet Traverse; GMC Acadia; and Saturn
OUTLOOK vehicles equipped with a HFV6 engine, under certain driving conditions, and with
extended oil change intervals, the timing chain could wear prematurely and cause the
illumination of the Service Engine Soon light.

CORRECTION
Dealers are to reprogram the engine control module, including the engine oil life monitor.

VEHICLES INVOLVED
Involved are certain 2007 model year GMC Acadia; Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year
Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave; Chevrolet Traverse; GMC Acadia;
and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles equipped with a HFV6 engine
Important: Dealers are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using the
Required Field Actions section in the Global Warranty system.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles containing the complete
vehicle identification number, customer name, and address information has been prepared and
will be provided to US and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or
sent directly to export dealers. Dealers will not have a report available if they have no involved
vehicles currently assigned.

The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle
Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other
than follow-up necessary to complete this program is a violation of law in several
states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the
follow-up necessary to complete this program.


Dear General Motors Customer:
This notice is sent to inform you that General Motors is conducting a Customer Satisfaction
Program that affects 2007 model year GMC Acadia; Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year
Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave; Chevrolet Traverse; GMC Acadia;
and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles equipped with a V6 engine.

Your vehicle was designed and built to meet GM's high standards for quality and reliability.
However, we have determined that under certain driving conditions, and with extended oil
change intervals, the timing chain could wear prematurely and cause the illumination of the
Service Engine Soon light. Timing chain wear can be affected by the age of the engine oil and
driving conditions.

What We Will Do:
To ensure that your vehicle will not experience this condition, your GM
dealer will change the calibration of the engine control module, including the engine oil life
monitor, which in most cases will recommend more frequent oil changes. This calibration
change will be performed for you at no charge until February 28, 2013.

What You Should Do:
To limit any possible inconvenience, we recommend that you contact
your dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for this repair.







IT SHOULD ALSO BE NOTED THAT REGUARLESS OF WHAT THESE TSBS SHOW ALL YES ALL GM 3.6S DI AND NON DRINK OIL (JUST AT VARYING LEVELS DEPENDING ON THE PREVIOUS OWNERS MAINTENCE OR LACK THERE OF) AND DUE TO THIS CAN CAUSE PREMATURE WARE AND FAILRE OF THE TIMING CHAINS...




Personally Ill buy a northstar and pay the 2 bucks more to fill it with premium fuel thank you...

----------

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/ucm432703/csc-10043857-7523.pdf

PDF of the letter sent to owners with information about the "extended coverage"

----------

Dear General Motors Customer:
As the owner of a 2007 model year GMC Acadia or Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac CTS, SRX, or STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, or Saturn OUTLOOK, your satisfaction with our product is very important to us.
Recently, you took your vehicle to your dealer to have Customer Satisfaction Program 10287 performed. Your dealer reprogrammed the engine control module to prevent premature wear of the timing chain and the illumination of the Service Engine Soon light. Further analysis has shown that the reprogramming may not fully correct this condition for all vehicles; we, therefore, are providing you with additional protection for the timing chain.
What We Have Done: General Motors is providing owners with additional protection for the timing chain. If premature wear of the timing chain occurs on your 2007 model year GMC Acadia or Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac CTS, SRX, or STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, or Saturn OUTLOOK vehicle, equipped with a 2.8L/3.6L V6 engine, within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge. Diagnosis or repair for conditions other than the condition described above is not covered under this special coverage program.
Do not take your vehicle to your GM dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe that the Service Soon Engine light has illuminated due to timing chain wear.
What You Should Do: If you believe that your vehicle's Service Engine Soon light has illuminated due to timing chain wear, repairs and adjustments qualifying under this special coverage must be performed by a General Motors dealer. You may want to contact your GM dealer to find out how long they will need to have your vehicle so that you may schedule the appointment at a time that is convenient for you. This will also allow your dealer to order parts if they are not already in stock. Keep this letter with your other important glove box literature for future reference.
Reimbursement: If you have paid for repairs for the condition described in this letter, please complete the enclosed form and present it to your dealer with all required documents. Working with your dealer will expedite your request, however, if this is not convenient, you may mail the completed form and all required documents to Reimbursement Department, PO Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170. The completed form and required documents must be presented to your dealer or received by the Reimbursement Department by July 31, 2013, unless state law specifies a longer reimbursement period.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, just contact your dealer or the appropriate Customer Assistance Center at the number listed below.
CSC-10043857-7523
Page 8 November 2012 Bulletin No.: 11340C
Division
Number
Text Telephones (TTY)
Cadillac
1-800-458-8006
1-800-833-2622
GMC
1-800-462-8782
1-888-889-2438
Saturn
1-800-553-6000
1-800-833-6000
Guam
65-6267-1752
Puerto Rico – English
1-800-496-9992
Puerto Rico – Español
1-800-496-9993
Virgin Islands
1-800-496-9994
We are sorry for any inconvenience you may experience; however we have taken this action in the interest of your continued satisfaction with our products.
Jim Moloney
General Director,
Customer and Relationship Services
Enclosure

So how about you tell me how the 3.6 ISNT junk?
 

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS, Former 09 STS and 07 CTS
Joined
·
222 Posts
I bought a car that had all it's maintenance done by a Cadillac dealer and the dealer proved it to me when I bought the car and no drinking of the oil, second oil change today since buying the car 3,000 miles apart with synthetic oil too both times.
 

·
Registered
05 STS4
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
framedforlife said:
I bought a car that had all it's maintenance done by a Cadillac dealer and the dealer proved it to me when I bought the car and no drinking of the oil, second oil change today since buying the car 3,000 miles apart with synthetic oil too both times.
Pull your air intake tube. Post a picture inside the intake.

I'll accept your apology once you do.
 

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS, Former 09 STS and 07 CTS
Joined
·
222 Posts
my apology!? Really you will owe me one when I prove your wrong.
Where are you located so we settle this like men.
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts



IT SHOULD ALSO BE NOTED THAT REGUARLESS OF WHAT THESE TSBS SHOW ALL YES ALL GM 3.6S DI AND NON DRINK OIL (JUST AT VARYING LEVELS DEPENDING ON THE PREVIOUS OWNERS MAINTENCE OR LACK THERE OF) AND DUE TO THIS CAN CAUSE PREMATURE WARE AND FAILRE OF THE TIMING CHAINS...



Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but where do you get your information to make a statement like this? BTW, you should check your spelling before you post.
 

·
Registered
05 STS4
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
KRSTS said:
Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but where do you get your information to make a statement like this? BTW, you should check your spelling before you post.
Posting all that from a phone isn't exactly easy. My apologies for not being 100% accurate in spelling.

I would say GMs tsbs and extended coverage program show it to be a fact not an opinion...

----------
framedforlife said:
my apology!? Really you will owe me one when I prove your wrong. Where are you located so we settle this like men.
Getting a little bent aren't we kiddo?

Go on. Pull your air intake open the tb and show me how "clean" (completely soaked in oil) it is. Then proceed to tell me how it doesn't use oil...

Meanwhile I'll share this photo from a 2005 SRX with 65k miles and oil changed every 5k. I know this as it belongs to my sister and I service it...



I also service a 2009 GMC Acadia 2010 SRX 3.0 and a 2009 CTS 3.6 DI for my regular customers. All of which have the intake manifold painted in oil...

And it's Pittsburgh, PA. I insist you stop on by anytime and I'll be happy to show you 1st hand how thirsty the 3.6 is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All i asked as the OP was what the difference is between 2WD & AWD with fuel economy and maintenance/breakdown/reliability of the AWD system itself.
In other words, is it a cash cow to go for the AWD.
Is it the same system as the SRX ?
 

·
Registered
05 STS4
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
PiperMike said:
All i asked as the OP was what the difference is between 2WD & AWD with fuel economy and maintenance/breakdown/reliability of the AWD system itself. In other words, is it a cash cow to go for the AWD. Is it the same system as the SRX ?
Sorry I was dragged into it and felt the need to clarify some ignorant responses.

It's the same system as Gen 1 SRX fully mechanically controlled.

Yes of course it is less fuel efficient due to both weight and mechanical drag.

If you live in a bad climate that experiences snow or even just a lot of rain the awd is well worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
1BadCadSTS said:
Meanwhile I'll share this photo from a 2005 SRX with 65k miles and oil changed every 5k. I know this as it belongs to my sister and I service it... I also service a 2009 GMC Acadia 2010 SRX 3.0 and a 2009 CTS 3.6 DI for my regular customers. All of which have the intake manifold painted in oil... And it's Pittsburgh, PA. I insist you stop on by anytime and I'll be happy to show you 1st hand how thirsty the 3.6 is.
I think they have come out with an updated camshaft cover to improve PVC design to prevent excessive oil buildup in the intake duct. Maybe check it out and see if the bulletin applies to your specific models. I don't think it goes back to 05 but I believe 09 is included.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm mainly concerned about repair costs etc. I have had buddies with AWD Hondas and the huge repair bills they ended up with but maybe those systems are more complicated ?
 

·
Registered
05 STS4
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
PiperMike said:
I'm mainly concerned about repair costs etc. I have had buddies with AWD Hondas and the huge repair bills they ended up with but maybe those systems are more complicated ?
Get tied on.

It's a Cadillac. Expensive repairs are a roll of the dice you take. Doesn't matter awd or rwd.

----------

Dino1SG said:
I think they have come out with an updated camshaft cover to improve PVC design to prevent excessive oil buildup in the intake duct. Maybe check it out and see if the bulletin applies to your specific models. I don't think it goes back to 05 but I believe 09 is included.
It was revised and reduced it but the design of the engine makes it impossible to prevent it.
 

·
Registered
2007 1SG STS v8 awd
Joined
·
502 Posts
1BadCadSTS said:
I don't say its rubbish... I say its an oil drinking timing chain jumping PIG... Oh so does GM for that matter, they just weren't nice enough to include every 3.6 so sorry 05-06 and 10+ owners... you're screwed. #11340C: Special Coverage Adjustment - Timing Chain Wear - (Nov 5, 2012) Subject: 11340C – Special Coverage Adjustment — Timing Chain Wear Models: 2009 Buick Enclave 2007-2009 Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS 2009 Chevrolet Traverse 2007 GMC Acadia 2009 GMC Acadia 2007 Saturn OUTLOOK 2009 Saturn OUTLOOK Equipped with 2.8L/3.6L Engine (LP1/LY7/LLT) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Additional vehicles have been added to this Special Coverage. The service procedure has been revised to include reprogramming of the ECM, if applicable. If a vehicle is presented and the timing chain replacement is not required, dealers are to reprogram the ECM if it has not already been reprogrammed. See the service procedure for details. This reprogramming is covered under this Special Coverage. Please discard all copies of bulletin 11340B, issued July 2012. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ConditionOn some 2007 model year GMC Acadia and Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac CTS, SRX, and STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles that are equipped with a 2.8L/3.6L V6 engine (LP1/LY7/LLT), under certain driving conditions, and with the vehicle's original oil change intervals, the timing chain could wear prematurely and cause the illumination of the Service Engine Soon light. Special Coverage AdjustmentThis special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership. Dealers are to replace the timing chain. If a customer brings their vehicle to the dealership and it is determined that the timing chain does not require replacement, dealers are to reprogram the ECM with updated software, if applicable. Refer to the Service Procedure contained in this bulletin to determine if reprogramming is required. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer. For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after February 17, 2012, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to February 17, 2012, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider. Vehicles Involved Involved are certain 2007 model year GMC Acadia and Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac CTS, SRX, and STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles that are equipped with a 2.8L/3.6L V6 engine (LP1/LY7/LLT). Important: Dealers are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using the Applicable Warranties section in the Global Warranty Management System. It should be noted this "TSB" was issues after the TSB that was issued to dealers to CHANGE the oil life monitor algorithm to LOWER the oil life monitor and reduce the "life" of the oil so owners were more likely to service it and notice a low oil situation before oil deprivation stretched the timing chains..... Date: 02/09/2011 Subject: 10287 - Customer Satisfaction Program - Premature Timing Chain Wear - Reprogram ECM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS2552 URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY Date: February 9, 2010 Subject: 10287 - Customer Satisfaction Program Premature Timing Chain Wear - Reprogram ECM Models: 2007 GMC Acadia, Saturn OUTLOOK 2007-09 Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS 2009 Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, Saturn OUTLOOK Equipped with a HFV6 Engine To: All GM Dealers Attention: General Manager, Service Manager, Parts Manager, Used Vehicle Sales Manager, and Warranty Administrator General Motors is announcing Customer Satisfaction Program 10287 today. The total number of U.S. vehicles involved is approximately 383,000. Please see the attached bulletin for details. Due to the availability of the required calibration, this program will be administered in phases. The first phase will include the Cadillac vehicles. You will be notified when the calibration and VINs are being released for the remainder of the vehicles. Customer Letter Mailing The customer letter mailing will begin on February 15, 2011, for Cadillac customers. Global Connect (GWM) The "Investigate Vehicle History" (GMVIS 2) link on the Global Warranty Management (GWM) application within GlobalConnect will be updated February 9, 2011, with Cadillac VINs. Campaign Initiation Detail Report (CIDR) The CIDR will be available February 11, 2011, for the Cadillac vehicles. END OF MESSAGE GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Message Attachment(s): 10287 bulletin.pdf Acrobat PDF (77.17KB) 10287 CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM SUBJECT: Premature Timing Chain Wear – Reprogram Engine Control Module MODELS: 2009 Buick Enclave 2007-2009 Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS 2009 Chevrolet Traverse 2007 GMC Acadia 2009 GMC Acadia 2007 Saturn OUTLOOK 2009 Saturn OUTLOOK Equipped with HFV6 Engine Due to the availability of the required calibration, this program is being administered in phases. This first phase will include the Cadillac vehicles only. You will receive a dealer message when the calibration and VINs are being released for the remainder of the vehicles. THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL FEBRUARY 28, 2013. CONDITION On certain 2007 model year GMC Acadia; Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave; Chevrolet Traverse; GMC Acadia; and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles equipped with a HFV6 engine, under certain driving conditions, and with extended oil change intervals, the timing chain could wear prematurely and cause the illumination of the Service Engine Soon light. CORRECTION Dealers are to reprogram the engine control module, including the engine oil life monitor. VEHICLES INVOLVED Involved are certain 2007 model year GMC Acadia; Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave; Chevrolet Traverse; GMC Acadia; and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles equipped with a HFV6 engine Important: Dealers are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using the Required Field Actions section in the Global Warranty system. For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles containing the complete vehicle identification number, customer name, and address information has been prepared and will be provided to US and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or sent directly to export dealers. Dealers will not have a report available if they have no involved vehicles currently assigned. The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this program is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this program. Dear General Motors Customer: This notice is sent to inform you that General Motors is conducting a Customer Satisfaction Program that affects 2007 model year GMC Acadia; Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac CTS, SRX, STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave; Chevrolet Traverse; GMC Acadia; and Saturn OUTLOOK vehicles equipped with a V6 engine. Your vehicle was designed and built to meet GM's high standards for quality and reliability. However, we have determined that under certain driving conditions, and with extended oil change intervals, the timing chain could wear prematurely and cause the illumination of the Service Engine Soon light. Timing chain wear can be affected by the age of the engine oil and driving conditions. What We Will Do: To ensure that your vehicle will not experience this condition, your GM dealer will change the calibration of the engine control module, including the engine oil life monitor, which in most cases will recommend more frequent oil changes. This calibration change will be performed for you at no charge until February 28, 2013. What You Should Do: To limit any possible inconvenience, we recommend that you contact your dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for this repair. IT SHOULD ALSO BE NOTED THAT REGUARLESS OF WHAT THESE TSBS SHOW ALL YES ALL GM 3.6S DI AND NON DRINK OIL (JUST AT VARYING LEVELS DEPENDING ON THE PREVIOUS OWNERS MAINTENCE OR LACK THERE OF) AND DUE TO THIS CAN CAUSE PREMATURE WARE AND FAILRE OF THE TIMING CHAINS... Personally Ill buy a northstar and pay the 2 bucks more to fill it with premium fuel thank you... ---------- http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/ucm432703/csc-10043857-7523.pdf PDF of the letter sent to owners with information about the "extended coverage" ---------- Dear General Motors Customer: As the owner of a 2007 model year GMC Acadia or Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac CTS, SRX, or STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, or Saturn OUTLOOK, your satisfaction with our product is very important to us. Recently, you took your vehicle to your dealer to have Customer Satisfaction Program 10287 performed. Your dealer reprogrammed the engine control module to prevent premature wear of the timing chain and the illumination of the Service Engine Soon light. Further analysis has shown that the reprogramming may not fully correct this condition for all vehicles; we, therefore, are providing you with additional protection for the timing chain. What We Have Done: General Motors is providing owners with additional protection for the timing chain. If premature wear of the timing chain occurs on your 2007 model year GMC Acadia or Saturn OUTLOOK; 2007-2009 model year Cadillac CTS, SRX, or STS; 2009 model year Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, or Saturn OUTLOOK vehicle, equipped with a 2.8L/3.6L V6 engine, within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge. Diagnosis or repair for conditions other than the condition described above is not covered under this special coverage program. Do not take your vehicle to your GM dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe that the Service Soon Engine light has illuminated due to timing chain wear. What You Should Do: If you believe that your vehicle's Service Engine Soon light has illuminated due to timing chain wear, repairs and adjustments qualifying under this special coverage must be performed by a General Motors dealer. You may want to contact your GM dealer to find out how long they will need to have your vehicle so that you may schedule the appointment at a time that is convenient for you. This will also allow your dealer to order parts if they are not already in stock. Keep this letter with your other important glove box literature for future reference. Reimbursement: If you have paid for repairs for the condition described in this letter, please complete the enclosed form and present it to your dealer with all required documents. Working with your dealer will expedite your request, however, if this is not convenient, you may mail the completed form and all required documents to Reimbursement Department, PO Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170. The completed form and required documents must be presented to your dealer or received by the Reimbursement Department by July 31, 2013, unless state law specifies a longer reimbursement period. If you have any questions or need any assistance, just contact your dealer or the appropriate Customer Assistance Center at the number listed below. CSC-10043857-7523 Page 8 November 2012 Bulletin No.: 11340C Division Number Text Telephones (TTY) Cadillac 1-800-458-8006 1-800-833-2622 GMC 1-800-462-8782 1-888-889-2438 Saturn 1-800-553-6000 1-800-833-6000 Guam 65-6267-1752 Puerto Rico – English 1-800-496-9992 Puerto Rico – Español 1-800-496-9993 Virgin Islands 1-800-496-9994 We are sorry for any inconvenience you may experience; however we have taken this action in the interest of your continued satisfaction with our products. Jim Moloney General Director, Customer and Relationship Services Enclosure So how about you tell me how the 3.6 ISNT junk?
the Suzuki xl7 I think has the same 3.6 and had the same issues.
 

·
Registered
2015 XTS AWD - Black inside and out
Joined
·
286 Posts
The AWD performs great in the Wisconsin winter. I don't mind paying more for filling up more frequently (Which isn't often because I only average 4 miles a day cause I take the bus to work. :)
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top