Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2000 STS in Poland
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen.

Is calibration of the diagnostic equipment required after changing the steering instructions?

Thank you for your response.

Jack

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,250 Posts

·
2000 STS in Poland
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gentlemen.

I try to repair my car myself, but I asked a friend for a turn selection function - electronics with experienced experience. I prefer pure mechanics, electronics, electrics - this is definitely my weakest point of amateur action ...

Today he calls me - sensor replaced, but still traction control comes into operation when changing direction by braking the car. I still want to check each of the ABS sensors, collect memories and related data, check whether the steering wheel can be switched to multi-colored ... My nice - I could suggest something - on such unpaired cars every day ... to focus The sensor replaced, installed in a fixed position and the problem still unsolved ... Is the topic of wheel alignment, correction of steering wheel connections, abs sensors - are these the right suspicions? I am asking for tips so that I direct my expert on an effective way of removing damage ...

Thank you greetings.

Jack

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,250 Posts
Gentlemen.

I try to repair my car myself, but I asked a friend for a turn selection function - electronics with experienced experience. I prefer pure mechanics, electronics, electrics - this is definitely my weakest point of amateur action ...

Today he calls me - sensor replaced, but still traction control comes into operation when changing direction by braking the car. I still want to check each of the ABS sensors, collect memories and related data, check whether the steering wheel can be switched to multi-colored ... My nice - I could suggest something - on such unpaired cars every day ... to focus The sensor replaced, installed in a fixed position and the problem still unsolved ... Is the topic of wheel alignment, correction of steering wheel connections, abs sensors - are these the right suspicions? I am asking for tips so that I direct my expert on an effective way of removing damage ...

Thank you greetings.

Jack
=======================
use the ON-BOARD scanner and check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here -

post any codes you have -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

include whether they are C-Current or H-History -

for code definitions - go here -

here is a how-to video -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts