Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2000 STS in Poland
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen.

After a few days of parking, always in the same place ... Observing the engine does not work on me suspicious. Solutions and oils are probably consistent leaks somewhere in the higher parts of the engine.

On my inept sketch, the "bearing" of liquids on the base in the garage ... I know it can be deceptive and very inaccurate ... But it can narrow the search area.
Dimensions from the picture in inches

What's in these places? Maybe some sensitive, typical Northstar leakage sites?

Thanks for all the tips.

wyciek.png

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,963 Posts
If the fluid is coolant then that area is below some coolant hoses and the heater connections at the firewall.

If the fluid is engine oil then maybe an oil pan leak or cam cover leak, rear of engine area.

If the fluid is transmission fluid then it's most likely loose transmission pan bolts.

Do you have access to a 4-point automobile hoist? Like those used in service shops?

·
2000 STS in Poland
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how to deal with it .... Like everything on my own, in the case of location in my life I am very limited ... Tightly filled chamber, complicated arrangement of accessories ... I do not have a hoist, and the only ones are available in the workshop that I do not want to use the services offered by Cadillac .... It still remains serviced specialized in cars from the USA - prices of absurd and unacceptable services, the more that we are talking about a weekend device with limited values ...

My own efforts remain - I suspect the engine to be triggered or accepted malfunctions ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts