Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2000 STS in Poland
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen.

An annoying buzz that appears and disappears. Around the light control panel, air vents. What could it be?

Thank you. Jack

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,188 Posts
In the tunnel behind the little 1" square grille in the dash, just left of the steering column, is the cabin air temperature sensor. It uses a small muffin (computer) fan to move air over the sensor module. Over time the sleeve bearing on the fan dries out and it squeals or hums.

The solution is to oil the fan bearing and blow out all the dust from the tunnel. Remove the dash end panel by sticking fingers into the rubber window vent seal ring and yank the panel and ventilation tube off. Straight in is a small hex head sheet metal screw. Remove it, snake out the wiring and connector, remove the module. Open it, clean it out, peel back the sticker over the fan hub and put a drop of synthetic engine oil onto the fan hub/shaft. Spin the fan, replace the sticker or use new tape, replace the module and dash end panel.

cabin air window duct.gif

·
Administrator
67,188 Posts
Inside the little grille next to the headlamp controls.

EDIT: I just searched for the cabin air temperature sensor in RockAuto. Their sensor pictures and part numbers are incorrect for both later models of Seville and Deville.

Shale leather.JPG

·
2000 STS in Poland
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tomorrow I will approach the topic - day off. :)

Submariner409 - you can always count on you. Thank you, words of appreciation for your knowledge and willingness to help.

Regards.

·
2000 STS in Poland
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, it was only today that I got to work and died. Gentlemen.

The plug supplying the fan from the connection, or after removing the command from the fan (I do not give radio pressure on the plug protection and then back it back - so few places) Can the sensor with the fan casing be removed completely or does the casing require sampling in this narrow space? (I can't do the whole thing - it's not included).

I will be grateful for your response.

·
Administrator
67,188 Posts
The entire module - casing, wiring, and all - comes out the end of the dash when you disconnect the wiring connector and remove the small hex head machine screw.

1. is the air temp module, 2. is the retainer screw.

97274436.gif

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,336 Posts
If you have an old computer video card, I think the fan is about the same size. You could always crack out the soldering iron and go to town.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts